I found the good stuff

Aurora64blue

Sep 25, 2009
South Eastern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tiger Shark, Fisher F70, Vibra Probe 580
Now this is how to post a cache find!

It's great to see an authentic cache find with pictures to boot! :icon_thumright:

Myself I hope that I never find a cache as it would kill me not being able to prove it, since I never take a camera with me. Maybe I should start carrying a camera around with me when I hunt. If only for the scenery!

Congratulations on a great start for 2011 :thumbsup:

Ralph (Toronto)

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing, and GOOD FOR YOU for going where most of us wouldnt even consider.... I am still waiting for my first cache, and I really thought I might find one right next door to me. Old fellow lived there, now passed.. His wifes first husband built that place, from what I hear was a "hoarder", and had a penchant for gold and silver.... After they mowed it all down with a brush-hog, I was SURE I would find some good stuff... Lots of trash and bits of aluminum all over from the siding job, but not ONE item of jewelry or even one single coin.. NOT ONE?!? How can people live on a property for over 50 years and not drop at least a penny? Even along their parking pad and sidewalks, not one coin to be found..
I do hope to join your club someday.. Congrats on a well-deserved banner!!

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a bird told me more coins are coming out of this site. :headbang:

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! The story, write up and pictures are awesome!

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
Great cache find by the way....... From what I read and what I see in the photos, I'm thinking the bottle of coins may have been in a house fire. The other broken glass in the area, empty lot and what looks like ash in the hole. I have also seen coins turn pink form heat. Obviously the bottle and coins were not melted, but it could have been hidden in an area that was not completely burned up or was burried under the house..... Just some thoughts. Ralph

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This find is probally what crashed the site!...lol

JohnnieWalker

Nov 30, 2009
Zebulon NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari Teknetics T2
Awesome find!!
I now wonder how many coins I have passed over thinking "Awe, it's probabaly junk".

Congratulations!

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
steve, don and i went out there again just in case. its clean no coins at all. P.S. we picked up all the pipe you guys left. :laughing7:

WheatbackDigger

Jul 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Sweet find....Appears to be a Great Depression Era Cache....Makes me wonder why it was never recovered

Rooster Cogburn

Jan 19, 2009
Fort Smith Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 + PROformance coil/ Vibra-probe 580 / Waitin' for enough finds to finance an AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COIN-grats! What a great find!! I'm ready to invest in an Alaskan snow parka and get after it now.

Here's a question for numismatists on the board... would silver coins like these benefit from electrolosys?

I know the standard answer is to never clean coins that may be valuable, but if you could do something that would simply allow the gunk to fall off, that would be a good thing as it seems an 1890 CC morgan is worth at least $95.00 in normal circulated condition. Much more if there are no circulation marks on it.

Thanks and I'll hang up and listen. :)

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
Breathtaking!.....simply breathtaking! There are alot of awesome things to be found in your state, dont sell yourself short. Keep at it, I hope your next cache discovery will contain $20 gold pieces!!

scterryc

Jan 29, 2011
Greenwood, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Garrett GTA 350
Congrats on the banner......
Am really knew at metal detecting and one day I hope I hit a biggie like that....WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hello2:

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice treasure...congrats for the banner ! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread