I found what appears to be unopened 1976 bicenntenial halves, PLEASE HELP!

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All first let me say hello all to the CRH community new member just started CRH'ing this year and haven't been doing much with meager finds here and there. But I'm back home and hunting and found 8 rolls of solid 1976 halves. The big reason I know this is last time I was here a few months back I found a roll just like this and didn't think anything of it and just opened it and all BU crisp 1976 halves. So back again and found 8 more just like it. The pics are off my Android so not the best focus capabilities. But stamped on each one under the $10 halves is "Watertown WLS LLC" I know it says Watertown but WLS and ILS are fuzzy but looks real close if not.

So can anyone help me understand what I have if anything. Grey sheet won't give me any info without a subscription. I've Googled it and one pic comes up that looks like these same brown wrappers but image is so small can't get a better view.

Well thanks for your help and I'm sure some of you experts on here will be able to help me out!

Oh and forgot to mention of course that bi-centennial's are at each end.

Attachments

• 76 Bi-Half 1.JPG
    76 Bi-Half 1.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 425
  • 76 Bi-half 2.JPG
    76 Bi-half 2.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 422
  • 76 Bi-half 3.JPG
    76 Bi-half 3.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 417
Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
To me, they look like common wrappers, except for the fact that someone rolled the ends in, instead of the usual way of folding the ends. There are probably still tons of crisp uncirculated bicentennial halves out there.

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
They look original. Try selling them on ebay. After all....They are 34 years old.
Most of them have been in circulation, but yours look uncirculated.
rileyboy

OP
OP
StevoCBR

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Rileyboy that's what i thought. These look to be orginal but i wasn't for sure! I will give feebay a try!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread