i get this feeling about the sites membership or am i off key (wheres sandman)

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello I've gotten the feeling lately that the charter membership is a dirty word. Because mention it and you get a load of replies slating it this is my feeling about it.

I've posted a lot of posts asking about advice and have got it no strings and I mean expert advice especially from sandman (by the way where did he go).
This site has a wealth of information that you can not and should not put a price on.

The only reason I'm not a charter member things are tough at the moment in the UK in between jobs. When I get employment I will certainly get the charter membership.

so what are your thoughts on this please

rex

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
on april 7th i will have been on this site for 1 yr. i have gotten alot of info and enjoyment reading members comments and viewing their finds. i am planning on becoming a charter member this month. hope your employment situation improves.

OP
OP
M

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
on april 7th i will have been on this site for 1 yr. i have gotten alot of info and enjoyment reading members comments and viewing their finds. i am planning on becoming a charter member this month. hope your employment situation improves.

thanks Im sure it will

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I don,t do pay pal. Nothing against supporting a site you like and encourages a passion you enjoy.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks Im sure it will
Before the week is up I will pay your charter member fees. No big deal. We will figure when to square up when things are "untough" for you. I will get ahold of a moderator and get things going. I have been on this site since it was just "metal detecting"... back in the '80s sometime I think. BEST on the net! Terry

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don,t do pay pal. Nothing against supporting a site you like and encourages a passion you enjoy.

RC
I'm with you. I was going to sign up but they only took pay pal.
V

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
here is the deal for me and I think the owner would agree.There is more than one way to show appreciation for the existance of this site.Pitch in to make it better,help pay the bills,or both.
I'm pretty new and am still trying to fit in,I do dig this place.It brings me some great info and I am starting to understand more about who is who and what is what.
I have decided to stay and I will do both...pitch in and contribute.
happy to do so
pat

fishinmcc

Jan 8, 2013
I also love this forum. It's been a great help in learning the hobby and not getting discouraged.

fishinmcc muncie indiana TreasureNet

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks Im sure it will
M Mania. It is done! The funds were just mailed off..... and I'M picking up the tab. Oh, and I met Sir Richard Branson when he came through the Kennedy Space Center South Gate one day. Blue jeans and white T-shirt. A regular "chap". I asked for his autograph. He replied, "Who am I to deny a man carrying a machine gun?" Actually, it was an MP5, SUB gun. TO THE MODERATOR handling my request... I put mine in there too plus enough for 3 more fees to be picked at a later time. Take care, MM. TTC

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry, you are one stand up dude (not kissing up, I have my own money)

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry, you are one stand up dude (not kissing up, I have my own money)
You WILD and crazy guy! Or is it #24? When I was married, I had two nephews that, at about ages 4 and 5, knew all the drivers and their numbers. Not, bad..... no, EXPECTED of two soon-to-be NC rednecks! Terry

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
< not a real celebrity ( ignore the rumors)

tims1chap

Feb 6, 2013
Winchester, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish they had a few more threads or areas for Charter Members to make it even more worthwhile.

fishinmcc

Jan 8, 2013
I think its made to hold equal opportunity to retrieve information and share it. The membership fee seems to be more like the public broadcasting fund raising. It helps us so we should help it in return. So the cycle continues.

fishinmcc muncie indiana TreasureNet

OP
OP
M

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before the week is up I will pay your charter member fees. No big deal. We will figure when to square up when things are "untough" for you. I will get ahold of a moderator and get things going. I have been on this site since it was just "metal detecting"... back in the '80s sometime I think. BEST on the net! Terry

Omg just seen this thank u very much I will of course reimburse your goodself when I have the means.

words just fail me I've got to say a total stranger making such a gesture omg restored my faith in humanity.

II was going to ramble for like half a page but words fail me U rock TC best wishes MM

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Where do i find information regarding Charter membership?

What are the benefits?

What is the cost?

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where do i find information regarding Charter membership?

What are the benefits?

What is the cost?

At the top of the page is a menu bar. At the far right of the menu bar (about center of the page) is a button labeled Charter Member. Click on that button, and it'll start you on the sign up process.
1 Year Charter Membership - Just $20.00 for an entire year!

What do you get?

Access to our LIVE POSTS page. (just leave a page open and see all posts in real time!)
Ability to search.
Access to our Charter Members Only Forum.
Access to our Who's Online List.
Ability to customize your profile and upload photos. (examples)
Increase in PM limit from 200 to 1000.
Our pledge to continue improving this site!
You will also have this icon added to all your posts.... TreasureNet Charter Member

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread