tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WoW!! Looks like she inherited your talent!........Beautiful!
I think she surpassed me a while ago. She said she went out and just purchased a new lens and then headed out to see how it works out. I am pleased to say I got her interested and all in photography. It goes back to a photo contest years ago now. We both worked on setting up the subject, a crab spider, and we put him on a Virginia creeper leaf out under good light on a trampoline and she worked on getting the spider in a defensive pose with a twig as I clicked close ups using a 10X magnifier in fron of the lens on the tiny little spiders 8 eyeballs. There were maybe a thousand contestants in all that ranged from kids 8 to 13 which she was in at age 9 and then they had contestants 13 to 16 and adults. We printed it and it was then hung on the wall with the many others to be judged. She was so excited when she got the email saying her photo won 2nd place and it will be in the Butterfly pavilion calendar, along with $75.00 in gift certificates at "Mike's Camera in Boulder, Colo. We did all that with a 3.2 meg Kodak that I got new at Walmart for 40 buck as I got it to do ebay and it was being discontinued off the shelf for the new cameras coming in to stock and they let me have it for half price at the time. After all that she only wanted a better camera for birthdays and Christmas, until now she came afford her own stuff "kind-of", but I'm sure she'll be asking for an extra hundred bucks here soon saying, she had all these extra expenses this month, as she'll forget she told me she went out and pop'd on a new lens.

Last edited:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Her interest in photography was a wonderful gift you've given her. As ronwoodcraft said, you both have great talent.:thumbsup:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure looks like she captured those "predator" eyes perfectly. I'd submit that one to National Geograhic. That is terror on four feet. A zoo animal with full instincts...

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'll have her give me some pointers. She's an Eager Beaver and a master of all the tech devices she gets in her hand's. She'll push them all to the limit and what they can be capable of doing to there full potential.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
a really good pic would be that cat taking a steak from a little girls hand!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a really good pic would be that cat taking a steak from a little girls hand!
Huh! I guess that would be interesting to see. Remember these guys? They gave up on the idea of playing around with Tigers. Maybe had they just hand feed a big juicy steak to their tigers, that would have kept the show going longer then it did. :dontknow:

Attachments

• siegfried and roy.jpg
    siegfried and roy.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff you made me think of someone I personally know and worked side by side with in the mines testing rock drill bits in the 1990's. The mans name was Dave Schwirian and in 1967 during the Vietnam war, he's the only US serviceman who LIVED from an a attack by a Tiger. I had many days and hours working with Dave and in the truck driving to Elko Nevada from Salt Lake City airport, as he was our factory field test guy. He showed me what the Tiger did to his chest, The scar looked like the skin and muscle was town away of from one half side from the top of his shoulder to the top of his stomach. He said it all happened in the dark as he was reaching in to some tall grass for some of his gear and out of the dark the Tiger grabed him. He also said no one really ever saw the tiger, but the tracks found the next morning left no doubt what it was that got him him out of the war and sent home. I found his story on line if anyone is interested in reading about it. Dave has what I call a real war story Tiger Tale, Bangal Tiger, Vietnam War Story, 1967

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread