I got a sweet deal on a XLT® E-Series Metal Detector

homer007

Jan 11, 2008
BAIBRIDGE GA
Detector(s) used
WHITE PI PRO, TIGER SHARK,TESORO DELEON/XLT® E-Series Metal Detector. Whites PI Pro Detector
Well one of my other hobbies is going to lacal pawn shops looking for odds and ends stuff. While in chiply fla, i went to a pawn shop. while there, i asked the pawn shop owner if the had any good md. He said no. one of his female employees over heared me and told me her husband bought a md and he didnt like it to much due to the complex nature of the machine. she told me that she wanted 350 for the md even though they paid about 900. I asked her what type of md it was , she said it was a XLT® E-Series Metal Detector . SHE EXCEPTED 300 AND I WALKED AWAY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY . :blob8:

Upvote 0

Hutch911

May 19, 2008
Linden, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000, Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Way to go that was a good deal :thumbsup:

OP
OP
homer007

homer007

Jan 11, 2008
BAIBRIDGE GA
Detector(s) used
WHITE PI PRO, TIGER SHARK,TESORO DELEON/XLT® E-Series Metal Detector. Whites PI Pro Detector
I STILL LOVE MY DELEON ;D
Silver Searcher said:
Ya could have got a good one for that :D :wink:

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Best deal of the year so far.

Attachments

• tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 800
  • tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 808

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
homer007 said:
Silver Searcher said:
Whites used to be very big over here, but in the last few years there popularity has fallen away :icon_scratch:

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Silver Searcher said:
homer007 said:
Silver Searcher said:
Whites used to be very big over here, but in the last few years there popularity has fallen away :icon_scratch:

Why?

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
twistidd said:
Silver Searcher said:
homer007 said:
Silver Searcher said:

Why?
For a while the Tesoro Lobo Super Track was the machine that every body had to have, it's capabilities of seeking out small hammered coins was second to none, now there is a new kid on the block the XP Goldmaxx Power, lighter and faster, before the Tesoro it was the Whites machines the ruled, my first machine was infact a Whites.

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Homer, you got a fantastic deal. The Xlt is a bad azz machine if you know how to use it.
Its not the deepest by any means,but I wouldn't trade mine for anything. If you want
pure depth, from the machines I have had experience with Its the Nautilus.

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Good gawd! None of the pawn shops in my area will go below 80% of new retail price. Congrats dude on the deal of the century. :thumbsup:

Pcolaboy

mikesand

Feb 5, 2007
SE bucks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
BH Lonestar/ BH Pinpointer
Teknetics Liberator
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeez, every blind squirrel will find a nut at some point! JK!
Now I'm gonna have to swing by my local pawn shops, like I don't have enough to do :tongue3:
HH
Mike

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
in october i passwd up a ace 250 for 150.00 didnt have the money went back out that friday to put it on lawaway and it was gone

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Silver Searcher, what is meant by your comment to Plehbah in post # 11? Does it mean something different than what the slang definition is over here in the states?.........NGE

outback2000

Jan 11, 2009
The hammer
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola,,Ace250,, Bounty hunter 3300,Vibra probe 560
notgittinenny ( treasures ) said:
Silver Searcher, what is meant by your comment to Plehbah in post # 11? Does it mean something different than what the slang definition is over here in the states?.........NGE
I think it means the same everywhere lmao

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
notgittinenny ( treasures ) said:
I just get sick of his stupid comments >:(......he never has anything constructive to say >:( I try to help and be a bit imformative, I'm not always right :-\ but I try and help anyway I can.

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry 'bout riling yer feathers, Not trying to make enemies here, just thought that the wording was kinda crude. I am sorta surprised that your comment was not deleted by the mods. I do not have kids, but if I did, and they saw that, I would be more offended than what I am now. Actually, it kind of took me by surprise..........Larry :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread