I got all the silver

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Was going through a box of halves that had somehow escaped my attention for a few weeks; I think I set it aside before leaving on vacation, and forgot about it. I wasn't too keen on going through it anyway, as it was a Loomis box with a date stamp on it, one that I have gotten skunked on 11 times in a row. I was actually starting to believe the rumor of armored car companies removing silver from circulation...

Anyway, about halfway through the box I come across a couple of marked coins.

DSC04866.JPG

I'm thinking, this is fitting.

Then, finally, I run across a 1968 half. One 40% out of 12 boxes is a horrible average, but better than nothing, and great to know that the rumor is just that. Plus I love the irony of finding those marked coins with the silver:

DSC04867.JPG

:laughing7:

Back in the saddle again!

HH!

Upvote 0

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I have never found anything in a Loomis or Garda box, if I can get some that aren't repacked crap. HH, Maverick.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
This person did you a service by giving you the 40%. I'd frame it on the wall, hopefully you two will cross paves one day, and he/she will give you their entire collection. Its probably the only 40% they set free, ever.

Whoever marked those coins is a glittering jewel of colossal ignorance (one of my favorite pejorative phrases...)

In my part of town you'd get a black eye if'n you said something like that.

Syrys

Oct 2, 2010
Interesting... where are you from? I have gotten several halves with the exact same hand writing saying "I got all the silver" in Loomis boxes from central Arkansas. And yes I have found silver in those same boxes 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread