cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw this box at my first yard sale yesterday. There were a lot of good things there but I didn't want to spend all my YS money at 7 in the morning. I took a peek inside and immediately asked the owner what he wanted. I offered $2 he wanted $5 and we settled on $3. I already have most scheduled to start on ebay tonight.

Everything is vintage (late 40's - early 50's) the two black items are glass negatives. I shot a digital pic and then "negativized" it in my photo program. It is Victorian, if that little girl is still alive she would probably be 120 years old.

Attachments

• AYDS-1.jpg
    AYDS-1.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 126
  • AYDS-2.jpg
    AYDS-2.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 131
  • AYDS-3.jpg
    AYDS-3.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 135
  • AYDS-4.jpg
    AYDS-4.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 119
  • NEG-A-1.jpg
    NEG-A-1.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 116
  • NEG-A-2.jpg
    NEG-A-2.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 115

housemom6

Jun 7, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites Quantum XT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember the tv ads for the ayds candies. Funny the stuff we remember after all this time

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember the tv ads for the ayds candies. Funny the stuff we remember after all this time
I wonder if they pulled their product or got a name change?
Last week I heard on the news a U.S. company called ISIS had to change it's name because idiots started sending hate mail.

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if they pulled their product or got a name change?
Last week I heard on the news a U.S. company called ISIS had to change it's name because idiots started sending hate mail.

Time does change the social value of words. Makes you feel OLD, doesn't it? :unhappysmiley:

I remember when the snack, "Cheetos" had the ad's cartoon character called: "The Cheeto Bandito" and Long John Silver Sea Food Restaurants had a fish and chicken combo meal called: "The Peg Leg Dinner"

Last edited:
OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"The Peg Leg Dinner"
Now what is wrong with peg-leg? For the last week I have been walking like I had a pegleg. You can call me gimpy. Did something to the tendon at my kneecap. What is strange just one month ago my daughter did about the same thing. only knocked her knee cap out. she got a ride in an ambulance ($1900) to the local ER (no bill yet) where the doctor ($990) popped it back in place. Good think I have Kaiser, might end up costing me $150

AnonymousTurker

May 2, 2014
New Bedford Mass
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time does change the social value of words. Makes you feel OLD, doesn't it? :unhappysmiley:

I remember when the snack, "Cheetos" had the ad's cartoon character called: "The Cheeto Bandito" and Long John Silver Sea Food Restaurants had a fish and chicken combo meal called: "The Peg Leg Dinner"

I think that was the Frito Bandito.

willis7

Mar 29, 2014
I second the motion! that's a very rare historic unique find I do believe. and also a scary one

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kaiser Dan? A friend of mines brother went there had bad pain in lower stomach after 20 visits they sent him to the psychologist. He then proceeded to die of prostate cancer the little 80 lb dr lady missed it in his prostate exam. Its ok though as the family settled for a few million.They just dont have their brother anymore. I suspect you could be one legged after your
next visit.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kaiser Dan?
Yes, I know. My mom hated kaiser and she was an ER nurse (not at kaiser) My company offers only a few insurance plans and it is the best for the money offered.

I bet the "little 80lb Dr" was not a native English speaker.

Reminds me of a joke.

What do they call a person who graduates medical school at the very bottom of his class?

Doctor.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I remember AYD's candy. Mom bought it for me so I could lose weight. I ate the whole box in one sitting. Needless to say, well, that's another story...

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
My recollection is that AIDS did have something to do with the downfall of AYDS. Wrong name at wrong time although AYDS preceeded AIDS.

I guess my Ebola line of breathmints is doomed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions