I got caught cheating?

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a CU in town I do all my normal banking at. There are two branches in town. I love the tellers, they never mind me placing an order for two boxes every week. I used to do one or two boxes here or there at both, but now that I am stepping up volume I do a regular two box per week at each branch.

Unfortunately this is a small town. I went into one today to pick up a box of halves and the manager from the other branch is in there working. "aaaaw, I'm gonna tell!" is what he said to me. he goes, "wait until the girls at the other branch hear about this!" of course, he seems like a cool guy, I like him and think he was just jerking my chain. Of course, as I was walking out and the teller says "so two more for next week!," I say "sounds great!" I have to pick up two boxes at the other branch tomorrow. Anyone ever run into this? I know he was messing with me but it made me feel kind of weird. I don't want them to think I'm using them (although maybe I am). I really like the tellers at both banks.

Sometimes this hobby can get real weird real quick

Upvote 0

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
My job uses TD Bank for all its operating accounts. I started using different branches to make deposits, use Penny, and search for silver. People are always covering shifts at different branches, or getting transferred. Its funny when they see me at another branch, doing the same thing I do to them at their home branch. Same thing at my dump banks.

Sounds like the tellers & managers like you, and you have a good thing going with them. I would bring them a treat or something this week, and be in their extremely good graces. - JJ

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
There is a CU in town I do all my normal banking at. There are two branches in town. I love the tellers, they never mind me placing an order for two boxes every week. I used to do one or two boxes here or there at both, but now that I am stepping up volume I do a regular two box per week at each branch.

Unfortunately this is a small town. I went into one today to pick up a box of halves and the manager from the other branch is in there working. "aaaaw, I'm gonna tell!" is what he said to me. he goes, "wait until the girls at the other branch hear about this!" of course, he seems like a cool guy, I like him and think he was just jerking my chain. Of course, as I was walking out and the teller says "so two more for next week!," I say "sounds great!" I have to pick up two boxes at the other branch tomorrow. Anyone ever run into this? I know he was messing with me but it made me feel kind of weird. I don't want them to think I'm using them (although maybe I am). I really like the tellers at both banks.

Sometimes this hobby can get real weird real quick

I pick up from 3 branches of the same bank. I run into the tellers from the other bank at the other ones quite often, they know I collect coins.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't sweat it, tellers move around branches all the time here. They always say, "Oh you go here to?" "Yep"

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That happened to today its all good !!!

OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advice guys, and glad to hear you have all had similar experiences. I may bring some donuts tomorrow, maybe even a pizza who knows. I am very friendly and chat them up, but not too much so as to be a pain in the a#$. I feel like bringing them gifts would make them awkward, but hey it's food, I'll give it a shot!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
everything should be fine, if you order 2 boxes at another branch of the same bank, why should a branch 10 miles away care?

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
baddbluff said:
I saw a mgr at a different branch of same bank

When I was dumping... She used to work @ my pickup bank... Embarrassing! Worth it tho.. A little shame for a Lotta bling!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread