I got the coolest Xmas present I'd ever received this year = Bug-A-Salt

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't try it on copperheads!

When I retired and came home this place was full of copperheads, but haven't seen one here in the past few years. And, that black bear hasn't returned either.

Maybe I should bathe more often than once a year......

Let us know how well it will on fruit flys.

Looks like fun.

Oh YES!!! I can't wait till the flies return :)

Came just when I was wearing out my entertainment adventures!

Now I have a new adventure in front of me.

Adventures matter to us old farts :)

Going on the 3rd year w/mine.Their GREAT at getting rid of Stink Bugs :) 003.JPG

Going on the 3rd year w/mine.Their GREAT at getting rid of Stink Bugs :)

Wow!!! 3rd year = so this means I have years of entertainment in front of me :)

Wow!!! 3rd year = so this means I have years of entertainment in front of me :)

Yep, I've shot the crap out of it and its still as strong as new :) Do you have a problem with stink bugs in the late summer ?

They're not going to be a problem any more :)

Yeah but their shell is much like that of a turtle so you have to shoot em from the side.Shoot them from the top and they will just smile as it wont penetrate.I usually get w/in 1" and take the shot. First year I took out 200+ of em.second year about 100+. This summer only a few.Thinking they don't travel far,so when you wipe them out in your area your good.Also it will kill them thru a window screen :)

How far can you be from a house fly before it loses effectiveness?

How far can you be from a house fly before it loses effectiveness?

Closer the better for a good tight pattern,max range around 12"-18" for a house fly.

I saw these for sale at my local Orscheln store. I wonder how effective they are against Japanese beetles?

I saw these for sale at my local Orscheln store. I wonder how effective they are against Japanese beetles?

We're lucky here, I haven't seen Japanese beetles in years.

However, I shot my first stink bug with it yesterday - about 4" to 5" away on my chimney. It bounced off like doing a back flip, landed on the floor and I stepped on it to make sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back