I got this one good! Dangers of detecting in the dark without a flashlight!

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• DSCN1381.JPG
    DSCN1381.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 1,264
Upvote 0

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
I've always felt it is better to detect than not. That's one more than you would have found otherwise!

Tigger

Mar 6, 2011
N Central Fla
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use a headlamp? Hands free and it always points to what you're looking at. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
thrillathahunt

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really don't like hunting in the dark, and should have known better. Had that been a 1909-S VDB I probably would have commited harakiri.....not really, but I would have been dam mad.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you hunt at night , always go with someone. Being alone in a public park at night could be dangerous, especially if you are a female. I don't hunt at night much , but if I do I go heeled with my .45 ACP. I don't know why so many of us are scared of the dark. I had a college professor once who theorized it was because of our thousands of years of superstition. The wild beasts were out and hunting prey outside the cave after dark back then. Monty

S IL THer

Nov 29, 2009
S. Illinois
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, DFX, Coinmaster Pro,White's Eagle II SL, White's 6DB
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought most people were just afraid of running into me after dark????????????????

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Never hacked a coin at night. Got some good gashes on coins in daytime. The only people that I encounter at night are the police. It happened once. I see him pull up and get out. I walk over to him and say hello. He says whatcha doin. I says I'm looking for old coins. He gets back in car. I get back to tectin. No flashlight here.

GoGoGopher

Jun 24, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac - 11" Pro, 6" EQ2 coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In the late Spring and Summer, I prefer to hunt after dark...It is cool, quiet, and peaceful...I do pick my spots with care though...You don't want to just go out anywhere alone at night...I use a headlamp, or a cap light...

HH,

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Now that winter winds will soon be breathing down our neck's, here is another thing to beware of...frozen ground. My shovel slipped in the hole, and I damaged what would have been a perfect, high domed VA Militia button! Beware of ice!

2009_0121Image0007.JPG
2009_0121Image00005.JPG

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do the same thing but in daylight! Don't feel bad!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread