I got TimZimm dumps - orange & pink painted halves

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Jersey DEvil

Nov 29, 2009
Tri state area, USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500, Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Garret Grand Master Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got TimZimm' dumps - orange & pink painted halves

It was very disturbing to get 2 boxes of orange & pink painted halves today. Its bad enough getting skunked & its even far worser to look at 80% of destroyed coins. Any serious coin collector would never destroy any kind of coin. I for one have respect for all coins & I have respect for other collectors. I would never destroy any coin in any way, shape or form. Who cares where your searched coins end up? Please stop foolishly & illegally painting & marking coins. Also, it takes the fun out of searchiing. You can't edge search because of all the painted edges. It just sickens me to see ameurish CRHers doing such damage. Don't you know its illegal to deface & mar coins? I would rather see shiny clads than painted ones. Stop it with the idiotic painting will ya? Jjjjjeeeeessssshhhhhh.

Upvote 0

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because cents are still in circulation, and they believed that the reduction of cents from circulation would cause a shortage. If they believed silver was an issue they would have banned the melting of junk silver coins at the same time. They didn't.

LOL, help me understand. A shortage in what? The freaking penny is obsolete. When was the last time you NEEDED a penny. Get real.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can tell you a coin treated in that manner would be considered damaged. I would love to see you properly clean off a once high grade painted coin and get it slabbed problem-free.
what do you think acetone does ....it removes oil base and enamel base paints...

Last edited by a moderator:

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I give up clad lovers and tree huggers its all the same thing i guess. Do you you guys have the painted halfs they were selling for awhile??? The walkers in red white and blue??

Last edited:

Merc Crazy

May 31, 2012
West Chester, PA
Primary Interest:
Other
dustytrails123 said:
what do you think acetone does dumb dumb ....it removes oil base and enamel base paints...

You clearly haven't tried to get all the paint off of a marked coin. I soaked a nice 72-D DDO that some idiot painted green in acetone for 3 weeks and couldn't get it all off. Paint irreparably damages coins. Period.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish you lived close to me i would let you sprey paint my car and i assure you i would get it off without problems and without damaging my cars paint....dont buy the cheap mineral spirits stuff that is oily its watered down junk...theres better brands then others

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You clearly haven't tried to get all the paint off of a marked coin. I soaked a nice 72-D DDO that some idiot painted green in acetone for 3 weeks and couldn't get it all off. Paint irreparably damages coins. Period.
The paint comes off easy with a belt sander or just sand blastit. Your wellcome and thanks
for asking

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cars aren't coins you idiot. You cannot compare a flat, painted surface to a metal surface that has intricate design. I also don't send cars to experts to be looked over at 10x magnification to ensure that they haven't been messed with in a manner that damages them, do I? You might know about cars but you don't know jack about numismatics.
I know im smart enough to remove paint from a coin lol.....

canaboy123

Sep 22, 2011
N/A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mutilated Currency Division Mailing Address and Contact Information

USPS Delivery:
Bureau of Engraving & Printing
MCD/OFM, Room 344A
P.O. Box 37048
Washington, DC 20013

Non Postal Couriers, i.e. FEDEX/UPS:
MCD/OFM, Room 344A
14th and C Streets SW
Washington, DC 20228

Telephone Contact Numbers:
(866) 575-2361 (toll-free)
(202) 874-2141

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah abrasive cleaning... The #1 no no when it comes to coins... Try again Einstein.

There's only one l in welcome, by the way.
Thanks my spelling sucks I had a very hard childhood. But i can make piles of money every week and do 60 boxes every week. And you
know i don't care!!

Merc Crazy

May 31, 2012
West Chester, PA
Primary Interest:
Other
dustytrails123 said:
I know im smart enough to remove paint from a coin lol.....
Yeah anybody can, but do it without damaging the coin, that's the real trick... If your skull wasn't thicker than a granite countertop you probably would have picked that up by now.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, help me understand. A shortage in what? The freaking penny is obsolete. When was the last time you NEEDED a penny. Get real.

The treasury reasoned that way, so call them and ask yourself. My point stands, but it matters not, since you seem happy in your ignorance.

OP
OP
T

The Jersey DEvil

Nov 29, 2009
Tri state area, USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500, Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Garret Grand Master Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also there was a 1986 proof painted on 1 side. Anyway, that is an open forum & I was only expressing my feelings & opinion...thats all. I'm at war with no one. Peace my brothers & sisters. Life is too short to complain. Let's continue to search eagerly & enthuastically as we never know what that next box of coins may behold. Its the thrill of the hunt & the element of surprise that its enjoyable. Happy hunting in your quest for that elusive silver or other numismatically valuable coin.

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im glad I dont post here anymore, site has more and more children and women signing up every month.

Merc and Easy, What you 15? Reading your little tag team girly comments is making me sick. You dont have many friends is what is obvious and please...join the military. It's apparent you need to become men.

And Kevinbomb...stop ****ing posting the mutilation dept on this site. You need to get hit by a train. Im tired of your ****.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like I need to step in here.....oh god what side am I on?........christ I've had too many tequilas and orange sodas tonight

I'm a selfish man in some regards, so in one way I like mass marked clad, because it seems I get such a high percentage these days that maybe I can start hoarding uncirculated clad as well as silver

on the other hand, I love shiny coins. ha, that may seem like a juvenile statement, but really I like searching for error coins, my most valuable coin is clad as well (wisconsin low leaf error). Not as many valuable error in halves, but there are a few.

My only opinion is the following; Don't' post the F@#$#@ing number to the mutilated currency division! I swear I will personally pay a visit to anyone that calls them. ever hear of flying under the radar? *puts on stop snitching t-shirt*

canaboy123

Sep 22, 2011
N/A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im glad I dont post here anymore, site has more and more children and women signing up every month.

Merc and Easy, What you 15? Reading your little tag team girly comments is making me sick. You dont have many friends is what is obvious and please...join the military. It's apparent you need to become men.

And Kevinbomb...stop ****ing posting the mutilation dept on this site. You need to get hit by a train. Im tired of your ****.

Make me.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mutilated Currency Division Mailing Address and Contact Information

USPS Delivery:
MCD/OFM, Room 344A
P.O. Box 37048
Washington, DC 20013

Non Postal Couriers, i.e. FEDEX/UPS:
MCD/OFM, Room 344A
14th and C Streets SW
Washington, DC 20228

Telephone Contact Numbers:
(866) 575-2361 (toll-free)
(202) 874-2141
I will call tomorrow and if its ok i will paint Every coin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now now children i know when the cats away the mice will play but just rember ...jeff will be back in the monring

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will call tomorrow and if its ok i will paint Every coin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paint comes off to easily try using some truck bed liner then you will really make people cry rofl

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The treasury reasoned that way, so call them and ask yourself. My point stands, but it matters not, since you seem happy in your ignorance.

Was that a rebuttle or an attempt to save face? I'm lost......who mentioned the treasury? You said "they" not the treasury and I'm not sure what difference it makes what branch of the government said what. It all comes downhill it's not complicated.......

Last edited:

canaboy123

Sep 22, 2011
N/A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Go for it,people dont need to be losing sleep over something so small like this.:dontknow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread