I got up at 630am on Sunday...

KalamazooHunter

Mar 26, 2005
Kalamazoo, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
There are 2 new restaurants being built on the main street in town. They tore up the pavement and started building this place. I got up at 630 on Sunday (wanted to avoid a lot of onlookers as myself, my husband and my younger brother are out detecting this area)

We searched for about 45 minutes and only found a nail! that's it! It was only like 35 degrees out, all that for a nail. I'm thinking I was too late. My idea was good, but that restaurant has been being built since January... maybe another detectorist had the same idea as me and went out on one of our warm spells because I thought for sure I'd get something other than a nail. At least a penny! :'(

Oh well, maybe next time. It was the first time Iwas able to get my detectors out this year! Changed out the batteries and Now I'm good to go for a spring & summer full of hunting. .... This is going to be the year I find silver, I know it! (Well, hopefully)

My younger brother (age 7) enjoyed it but was about half asleep when I took him home that evening.... I told him he could take a nap but when it was a choice between take a nap or go disc golfing - he chose to play with the frisbees! Oh well :) Bet he went to bed early yesterday.

Tara

Upvote 0

Wetgreenie

Oct 14, 2005
Central Minnesota
Detector(s) used
GTI 1500, Tesoro Silver U max
Sounds a little chilly.....I hope you get another chance to check it out again soon.
Good Luck with the weather and H/H...

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Good Idea but I bet someone else beat you to it....as soon as they start digging...you need to get there....and early on Sundays is a great time to check places out downtown.....Good luck on the next one!

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
TARA, Sounded Like a Good Plan To Me, Sorry Someone Else Beat You To It, Better Luck Next Time. trk5capt...

Attachments

• JOHNS DETECTING PICS 085.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 085.gif
    10.4 KB · Views: 263
  • JOHNS DETECTING PICS 085.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 085.gif
    10.4 KB · Views: 279

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey, nice to see another person from michigan! i up in the thumb by bad axe, an hour or so from bay city and saginaw.

OP
OP
KalamazooHunter

KalamazooHunter

Mar 26, 2005
Kalamazoo, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Thanks for your comments. I hope there will be another opportunity to get out along this road this summer.
Currently I'm using an Ace 300 but I want to get the Ace 250 as well, so maybe with a new detector I'll have more luck this summer too!

HH

Tara

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Well look at the good side, no one will step on that nail or get a flat from it... ;D

GL & HH,

DugHoles

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread