DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know how or why it worked but as a boy, it was common knowledge in our area of Alabama that you could dig forever and not hit water for a well. There were men in the area that had the ability to Dowse for water. There was no charge for this practice for anyone. No money ever changed hands that I saw and the old men that had the "Gift", were well respected. My Great Uncle, who recently died at the age of 99, was one of those men and there were many times I watched him Dowse for water. He used two different methods that I can describe here.

One involved using two copper wires about the thickness of a common clothes hanger. The pieces of wire were about a foot and a half long andeach piece was bent in a 90 degree angle, L Rods, with a short arm about 6 inches long and the long arm being about a foot long. They were held by the short end of the 90 degree angle, each in a loose gripped fist of each hand and held just below chest high near the body with the long arms of the wire pointing out away from the body toward the left and the right. He would then walk through a property back and forth which could take a while or a short time. Most times, at some point during the dowsing, the wires would start to move. They would turn slowly moving toward the front and then eventually cross themselves. That was the spot where the well would be dug. I never knew it not to work.

The other method was to use a y shaped piece of wood similar to the shape of a sling shot. The wood was large enough that he could hold the top of the y with both hands with the base of the y pointed forward. He would walk the property until the base of the y began to try to point toward the ground. That was the spot. Again very reliable.

You have to keep in mind that the people who requested the dowsing had already attempted to drill for water on their property more than once and called on the dowser only after giving up. My great uncle was a god fearing honest man. Whether dowsing was a gift or merely consequence, that is the question. I am not sure myself but I do know that I saw it work in many instances. The people believed in it and it did work miracles when people could not find water on their property.

I am as big of a sceptic as the next person about most things unusual but I am a believer in what I know and what I have witnessed and I do believe that men have the ability to dowse water. As far as metals, I have not seen that happen but I would believe that it could be possible.

Jim
DaChief

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Thanks Jim...I always enjoy hearing stories from people who know that Dowsing works...Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread