waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I've been at it with the SE for about a year now. First I want to thanks those who have helped me get used to this machine - Captain SE(why hasn't he been posting?), RONC(OR), T-Bucket and John Deere Digger have all been especially helpful with tips and support

After many hours of frustration, the time learning the SE is starting to pay off. This week at an old well hunted park I pulled 4 silver coins, all of which were at least 6" deep. I pretty much ignored the smart find/digital screen and went by sound.

My first find of the week was a 1961 Canadian Silver dime (previously posted). Then Thursday evening in a different part of the park I pulled two 1946 Roosies. They were about 5 feet apart. It was odd in that both were dated 1946 and neither had a mint mark which is unusual this far west. Today in the same general area where the dimes were found I got a 1945S Washington Quarter @ 8-9" deep. If I hadn't been going by sound I would have missed this one as it didn't register where I would expect.

I'm going to be pretty busy the next few weeks re-searching this big ole park with my new trick :tongue3:

Thanks again for all of your help (also to those I didn't mention who may have helped). This hobby is about to get fun again.

Attachments

• silver for july26.JPG
    silver for july26.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 669
Upvote 0

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice silver :icon_thumright:

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From one "old dog" to another, some great finds.
The folks here are amazing, for sure. Never saw so much accumulated metal detecting knowledge in one small area before.
I have been THing for about 35 + years, and in the first week or so, I got several great hints and new ideas.
Keep us posted, on what you find in those hunted out parks.....sounds like you are going to score bigtime. :thumbsup:

t-bucket

Bronze Member
Oct 7, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
e-track- Explorer SE explorer 2 -
WTG My friend !!! Glad I could help. If you come down I will hunt with you and confuse you more. :laughing7: Congrats and Good luck on your next hunt.

OP
OP
waseeker

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hikeinmts said:
From one "old dog" to another, some great finds.
The folks here are amazing, for sure. Never saw so much accumulated metal detecting knowledge in one small area before.
I have been THing for about 35 + years, and in the first week or so, I got several great hints and new ideas.
Keep us posted, on what you find in those hunted out parks.....sounds like you are going to score bigtime. :thumbsup:

The change in technology just amazes me. When I started back in the late 60's it was with my father-in-laws Whites machine with no discrimination. Didn't stick with it long that time, but the past 3 years I've gotten back into it.

today's hunt at the same park got me a 1939S Wheat and some clad :-\

OP
OP
waseeker

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
t-bucket said:
WTG My friend !!! Glad I could help. If you come down I will hunt with you and confuse you more. :laughing7: Congrats and Good luck on your next hunt.

Thanks. There is still an outside chance I'll make it this year. If not look for me in late April 2010.

RONC(OR)

Aug 28, 2006
Eugene ,OR
Detector(s) used
Etrac/ X-8-X-1/ /Excalibur 2/AuqaHog ~yayer
Nice finds Did you get to a point were you said to yourself this is what they were trying to tell me...I think everyone has to go though the learning cruve . But once you get it its an awesome MD Congrats :thumbsup: HH RonC

OP
OP
waseeker

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RONC(OR) said:
Nice finds Did you get to a point were you said to yourself this is what they were trying to tell me...I think everyone has to go though the learning cruve . But once you get it its an awesome MD Congrats :thumbsup: HH RonC

Hi Ron

Yeppers, I think that is the point I finally arrived at. It kinda goes against my nature to slow down and listen, but that is sure what works:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread