boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Catching arrows. Remember the old re-curve ( starter ) fiberglass bows that came with a handful of arrows? Out in a pasture or field, we would try to catch them coming down after being shot high into the air by the smarter guy. You can actually catch them, if you're good. That was probably the most potentially lethal stunt we pulled.

Going int o the woods with two other 12-year-olds, all carrying .22's. Survived it all. Shouldn't have. I found I could fall a fair distance, if I snapped off a few branches on the way down. Still hurt, though.e

Catching arrows. Remember the old re-curve ( starter ) fiberglass bows that came with a handful of arrows? Out in a pasture or field, we would try to catch them coming down after being shot high into the air by the smarter guy. You can actually catch them, if you're good. That was probably the most potentially lethal stunt we pulled.

Going into the woods with two other 12-year-olds, all carrying .22's. Survived it all. Shouldn't have. I found I could fall a fair distance, if I snapped off a few branches on the way down. Still hurt, though.
Parents never bought us bows because they were too dangerous? Instead two of us got Jarts Lawn Darts. Somehow they were safer??? Well off to get another concussion from my Wamo Slip n slide.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All you country boys probably smoked corn silks, tried to chew some Bull of The Woods or Red Mule, and snuck a taste of that clear stuff in the mason jar. Of course then you got your mouth washed out with soap and had to take a BIG spoonful of castor oil.
You made me think of another one. Grandpa &I were visiting another old boy. He brought out a jar of shine poured grandpa & himself a couple healthy swings. The old boy told me to get my thermos cup. Remember thinking why's he being so stingy? As I swallowed & it lit me up clear down to my bung hole. Yup! Question answered..........
Oh! Washed it down with hose water.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One year both my cousin and i got dart boards for Christmas... set them up on opposite palm trees...
Within ten minutes of us in back yard... we both came screaming inside EACH with a dart in our palm.

Hey... he threw his dart at me first. :P

Dad walked out and ripped the boards off trees. heh

The following year the joke was the new gifts werent dartboards... they were plastic real cameras... WITH FILM in them...
Within ten minutes we had both opened cameras and had exposed / ruined the film... game over.

Last edited:

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One year both my cousin and i got dart boards for Christmas... set them up on to opposite palm trees...

Within ten minutes of us out there in back yard... we both came screaming inside EACH with a dart in our palm.

Hey... he threw his dart at me first. :P

Dad walked out and ripped the boards off trees. heh
Reminds me of my now one-eyed childhood friend. I didn't see it happen, but the eye patch was really cool.

Reactions: ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My old Lionel STEEL track train electrocuted / burned my wrist after my bracelet made of the link / chain that G.I. dog tags are made of touched the track.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stuck my Christmas X-Acto knife blade through my thumb once whilst carving with it into one of those wax cast souvenir things that you get at the Zoo.... gosh i loved the smell of those wax things.

They were cool... what ever happened to those machines... kinda like the penny squisher but those are still around.

95fc8bfb16bac8968ab1592a3f5b3010.jpg
1575499470_08_1010029971_05MOLDARAM120819.side.jpg

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
All you country boys probably smoked corn silks, tried to chew some Bull of The Woods or Red Mule, and snuck a taste of that clear stuff in the mason jar. Of course then you got your mouth washed out with soap and had to take a BIG spoonful of castor oil.
To this day I can still remember what Zest soap tasted like.

Mysterious Outdoors

Jul 16, 2022
NW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250...looking into a Nokta Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread rocks... many of you took me back in memories... some good... some ... heh

Anyone remember pre- MADD where everyone drove with a beer or a drink ?
Beer, like a soda pop...Hell ya. Even cops didnt have a issue if you didn't act goofy when and if they pulled you over.

Mysterious Outdoors

Jul 16, 2022
NW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250...looking into a Nokta Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Parents never bought us bows because they were too dangerous? Instead two of us got Jarts Lawn Darts. Somehow they were safer??? Well off to get another concussion from my Wamo Slip n slide.
I spoke of this same thing, upper in the thread....lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread