Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went during lunch to another town nearby that I knew had a few banks. At the last one I stopped at (Wells Fargo), the teller I was talking to said she had a roll, and the teller next to her said have you check it for silver? I DID NOT WANT TO HEAR THAT!!!!!!!!! My teller said no, look at the top couple (with me grinding my teeth) and said no, they are not. I went ahead and bought that roll since she only looked at the top couple. She then went to check the vault and said they had some loose ones back there and did I want $100 worth. I said sure. She went back to do whatever they had to, and the teller next to her went back there also after a few minutes. After ten minutes of waiting I knew that teller with the big mouth was going thru them herself. I left before they got back figuring if they are going to do that to me they can forget getting rid of them thru me. I dont begrudge the lady for saving them herself, but she should NOT be doing something personal like that on company time. Well, I guess it tells me a bank NOT to go to any more.

Upvote 0

boflexson

Jan 29, 2007
Green Bay, WI
If that happened to me, I would make a point of it. Call the manager over and ask why it's taking 10 minutes to get a few rolls that they already said they had.

It's one thing for tellers to go through stuff on their own time, but it's another to do it while your waiting.
-Adam

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
If I were working at a bank, I'd look for silver, too. Wouldn't you? I wouldn't be so obvious about it, though. While it is not a teller's job to search for keepers, neither is it their job to aid our searching. It's nice when it happens, but you can't expect it. I do wonder, though, how often does a teller knowingly give a customer---who is obviously a roll hunter---rolls of clad? Endless rolls of nothing but clad. All worn, early 70's clad. Vault after vault of "pure" clad. hahaha. What a nightmare. I do agree, though, that it does seem to take _forever_ to get rolls sometimes. At least now you know that some (if not most) tellers at that particular branch do indeed search for silver. Every little bit of information helps.

OP
OP
E

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like I said, I don't begrudge them doing it, but it is unprofessional to do it in front of you when it is obvious that is what you are there for.

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
That's true. I found 2 proofs today in rolls that had already been searched for their silver. Still, though. It's a horrible feeling knowing you're competing with the tellers.

OP
OP
E

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish the tellers luck like I do anyone else, I just wish that one would have shown more class than to go thru them right before selling them to me.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would turn that bank into one of my dump sites and load them up with lots of clad to search through on company time,haha.

Give them some sob story about a family member going into the hospital and collecting half dollars since they were children and you just wanted to get rid of them to pay the medical bills.

I bet they will search through it all and be pissed off, haha.

bigtime400

Jan 27, 2007
the moon
There is this one branch of my bank that does that. They get all snotty, have to call on the phone and turn their back to me and talk on the phone quietly. They are probably asking if they are alll searched and then they turn back around and say "I can give you 300 dollars" I promptly reply "never mind" SO then I walked out the door. 2 or 3 hours later I walked in with 2000 dollars of halfs. Thats why I like the unbroke boxes. I had a lady tell me today when I asked if they had any large dollars "do you think we would give those to you!?" It kinda makes me mad... but what are you going to do. The good thing is there are just as many good ones out there who will hook you up too. The thing that bugs me the most is they have to look through everything. Its not like they couldnt get their own to look through. No they have to get every last one.......

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
LOL, bscofield.

There's just something funny about tellers searching rolls of clad. Nothing but clad.

B

baseballbandits

yea i agree, just bring in a bunch of your searched rolls, and just for kicks write "franklins" or "64-69" on the rolls, and make sure you get that big mouth teller to serve you. :D

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha, oh yes.... writing on some of them would be awesome!!!

Write things like.... "90% - Keep" and other fun stuff to really get their blood pumping in excitement and then in anger, haha.

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
bscofield6 said:
Haha, oh yes.... writing on some of them would be awesome!!!

Write things like.... "90% - Keep" and other fun stuff to really get their blood pumping in excitement and then in anger, haha.

You guys are cruel...................................I love it ! :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread