I guess the squeaky wheel does get the grease !

just7699

Tenderfoot
Jun 23, 2012
Elizabeth, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CAM_1945.JPG CAM_1949.JPG
I am new to metal detecting, and new to this site. Just a short couple of weeks ago, I posted the question, what am I doing wrong? ! I had my ace 250 out 5 days a week, for the last 3 months, and never found a single silver coin. HMMM...
Well, I am happy to report, I cant say that any more !!! I was out this evening, around 10:30pm, with my ace 250, and a flashlight, singing and swinging, and then...BAM! I heard that smile creating "DONG", ... I began to zero in on the "hot spot". The ace told me there is a quarter, right here, at about 3 inches deep. So, I began to dig. The ace could not have been any more wrong... kinda. I dug a small plug, pulled it up, ran it past my ace, and heard her sing... "dong dong".."dong dong" I was stoked ! As I peeled the dirt away, I could see a small reflection from the street light, and knew I was on something silver. I pulled out a standing liberty quarter!..So, as always, I waved the plug past my ace, just as a precaution, before I put it back in its original hole, and wouldn't you know, she sang again! "DONG DONG",.."DONG DONG". I was like...Wow, must be more..so I peeled some more dirt away, and sure enough, I could see parts of other coins, hanging out of the bottom of my plug! as you might guess, I sifted through the rest of the plug, and found 4 silver quarters hiding in my hand.I could not believe my eyes! Needless to say, before I filled in the hole, I thought to myself, I better check the hole for any stragglers. Not expecting to hear anything, I slowly swung my ace over the open hole.... and BAM!!! She began to sing again!! I was in utter disbelief! So, I called om my trusty digging tool, to get back to work... All in all, after re-digging a dinner plate size hole, 3 inches deep, I ended up finding 16 silver quarters !!! I still cant believe it! It ended up being 1 standing liberty, and 15 pre 1964 quarters, all in one spot. Kinda makes me wonder...how did they all end up there? Ahhh, just part of the thrill of metal detecting!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
major pocket spill!!, way to be persistent with it.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That will get ya motor cranked......now ya a happy camper. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread