Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, visited the recycle area in my building. I guess people are moving out or cleaning house. I salvaged the two table lamps and the picture tree.

IMG_5648.JPG

This stuff looks pretty new to me

Upvote 13

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
There were no such places as "Recycle Areas" back when I lived so near to other (ICK!) people! But I know of lots (and lots and lots and LOTS!!) of great stuff that was thrown away way back then - much with price tags still on it! I think it's a 'service' when you keep such good and useful "stuff" out of the landfills!! :icon_biggrin:

Hey, are there any stickers on the bottom, like made in China? Or do they look handmade to you? Maybe the prior owner makes/made them??

btripp6

Jul 6, 2015
Grovetown, GA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, XP MI-6 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always nice to be able to save thing from dying prematurely. Congrats on your finds.

Last edited:

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck those 2 lights might be in stereo!!!!!

OP
OP
against the wind

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There were no such places as "Recycle Areas" back when I lived so near to other (ICK!) people! But I know of lots (and lots and lots and LOTS!!) of great stuff that was thrown away way back then - much with price tags still on it! I think it's a 'service' when you keep such good and useful "stuff" out of the landfills!! :icon_biggrin:

Hey, are there any stickers on the bottom, like made in China? Or do they look handmade to you? Maybe the prior owner makes/made them??
The picture tree and the lamps were made in China. The picture tree was never used and the lamps look very new.
We have a few apartments that are used for 6 months to a year by graduate students from NYU. When they move out, a lot of stuff that Mommy and Daddy paid for goes into the garbage.
Also,the place was built in 1949 and some of the original tenants are dying off,, so when their relatives clean out the apartment, they sometimes throw a ton of good stuff away. You gotta keep your eyes open.

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah man! Looks good to me!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on saving them from the dump ATW. :occasion14:

I've been known to pick through the items on the curb on trash day. Heck when I retired from the Army I did it for a whole summer and had numerous yard sales were I averaged $125 per day selling other peoples discarded items. Made about 2 grand that summer. It's amazing at what some people throw out.

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good rescue

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would not consider yourself a garbage picker. I think the term "Sanitary Engineer" should apply here !

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to my family....I salvage, save, reuse, repurpose, recondition, and just plain keep lots of thrown out or "Garbage" around here.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds! :icon_thumright: When the college semester ends more goodies will there for the taking; looking forward to view the finds!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theres no shame in this game. Treasure is what ever you find that holds a value. Treasure is found where ever it lay.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread