I Had A Busy Eventful Day

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a pretty good day today. I thought that I was going to get to see a shooting, but it ended when one guy left. It was some god awful dirty words being screamed back and forth. One guy said that he was going kill the another guy if he didn't get the **** out of there. I think it might have been a crack house.

Further on down the street I spotted a guy out in his front yard. I went and introduced myself and did some chit chat. He's a AT&T employee and has lived in his home for about 3 years. His home is located on a nice big corner lot, so I asked him would it be OK for me search his yard with my metal detector. He said no problem go ahead. I gave him one of my key chain lights. He said with him working at AT&T he would get some good use out of it.

Anyhow, while I was detecting the guy next door came out to see what I was doing. We talked for a good while. His mother just died and he was little sad about that. He works at FedEx and has lived in his home for around 4 years and has had his home broken into 3 times. I heard all about. Finally I got around to asking if I could detect his yard and said sure no problem. I gave him a key chain light. I almost had to force him to take it.

As I was still talking to him a couple of women came by that were out for a walk and one of them said that she has seen me before. She told me that she saw me detecting in the yard next to hers awhile back and wanted to know what I was looking for. I explained to her that looking for silver coins is my hobby. She said that she has some silver coins and I told her that I might be interested in buying them and would come by and take a look.

Anyhow a couple hours later after I got through detecting I went by her house, but she hadn't time to search for them. I asked her if it would be OK for me to come back tomorrow to see what she's got and also to detect her yard. She said that would be great. I gave her a key chain light and that made her really happy. We were talking about how long that she had lived in her home and her age came up, 58. Just being nice, I said that I thought she looked closer to 38. She gave me big hug for saying that. I got to watch what I say.

I spend so much time talking and being nice to people I'm surprised that I have much time to find anything. With my Nokta Fors Relic using the large search coil I did manage to find 2 Rosie dimes, 1937 Washington Quarter, a sterling ring, 15 wheat pennies and some clad coins.

One other thing, the EMI was really bad, so I put the Fors Relic back in the SUV and got out the Fors CoRe to see how it would fair. I didn't do any better, so I put it back in the SUV and got out my F75DST. It did worse, so I went back to using the Fors Relic in Di3 tone, 95 sensitivity, IMask 01, discrimination 5, tone break 65 and iron volume 2.

tabman

Attachments

• Fors Relic 3 Silver Coins & Ring 001.JPG
    Fors Relic 3 Silver Coins & Ring 001.JPG
    656.1 KB · Views: 120
  • Fors Relic 3 Silver Coins & Ring 002.JPG
    Fors Relic 3 Silver Coins & Ring 002.JPG
    287.3 KB · Views: 126
  • Fors Relic 3 Silver Coins & Ring 004.JPG
    Fors Relic 3 Silver Coins & Ring 004.JPG
    658.8 KB · Views: 124
  • Fors Relic 3 Silver Coins & Ring 006.JPG
    Fors Relic 3 Silver Coins & Ring 006.JPG
    351.8 KB · Views: 102
  • Fors Relic 3 Silver Coins & Ring 007.JPG
    Fors Relic 3 Silver Coins & Ring 007.JPG
    848.2 KB · Views: 115
  • Fors Relic 3 Silver Coins & Ring 010.JPG
    Fors Relic 3 Silver Coins & Ring 010.JPG
    243.6 KB · Views: 115
  • Fors Relic 3 Silver Coins & Ring 011.JPG
    Fors Relic 3 Silver Coins & Ring 011.JPG
    843.8 KB · Views: 124
  • Fors Relic 3 Silver Coins & Ring 012.JPG
    Fors Relic 3 Silver Coins & Ring 012.JPG
    310.7 KB · Views: 111
  • Fors Relic 3 Silver Coins & Ring 020.JPG
    Fors Relic 3 Silver Coins & Ring 020.JPG
    387.8 KB · Views: 129
  • Fors Relic 3 Silver Coins & Ring 015.JPG
    Fors Relic 3 Silver Coins & Ring 015.JPG
    429.8 KB · Views: 122
Upvote 28

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silver finds again Ive noticed you live in or detect near some bad areas!!be carefull ,,,,, there are lots of old and abandoned homes in Detroit but i would be dodging bullets and could be a little tense....glad those key chain lights do great for you you must have a lot keep up the great finds and posts

Snap on Man

Apr 15, 2012
Tupelo, Ms
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5- Teknetics T 2 Classic w NEL Sharpshooter coil - Whites TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a pretty good day today. I thought that I was going to get to see a shooting, but it ended when one guy left. It was some god awful dirty words being screamed back and forth. One guy said that he was going kill the another guy if he didn't get the **** out of there. I think it might have been a crack house.

Further on down the street I spotted a guy out in his front yard. I went and introduced myself and did some chit chat. He's a AT&T employee and has lived in his home for about 3 years. His home is located on a nice big corner lot, so I asked him would it be OK for me search his yard with my metal detector. He said no problem go ahead. I gave him one of my key chain lights. He said with him working at AT&T he would get some good use out of it.

Anyhow, while I was detecting the guy next door came out to see what I was doing. We talked for a good while. His mother just died and he was little sad about that. He works at FedEx and has lived in his home for around 4 years and has had his home broken into 3 times. I heard all about. Finally I got around to asking if I could detect his yard and said sure no problem. I gave him a key chain light. I almost had to force him to take it.

As I was still talking to him a couple of women came by that were out for a walk and one of them said that she has seen me before. She told me that she saw me detecting in the yard next to hers awhile back and wanted to know what I was looking for. I explained to her that looking for silver coins is my hobby. She said that she has some silver coins and I told her that I might be interested in buying them and would come by and take a look.

Anyhow a couple hours later after I got through detecting I went by her house, but she hadn't time to search for them. I asked her if it would be OK for me to come back tomorrow to see what she's got and also to detect her yard. She said that would be great. I gave her a key chain light and that made her really happy. We were talking about how long that she had lived in her home and her age came up, 58. Just being nice, I said that I thought she looked closer to 38. She gave me big hug for saying that. I got to watch what I say.

I spend so much time talking and being nice to people I'm surprised that I have much time to find anything. With my Nokta Fors Relic using the large search coil I did manage to find 2 Rosie dimes, 1937 Washington Quarter, a sterling ring, 15 wheat pennies and some clad coins.

One other thing, the EMI was really bad, so I put the Fors Relic back in the SUV and got out the Fors CoRe to see how it would fair. I didn't do any better, so I put it back in the SUV and got out my F75DST. It did worse, so I went back to using the Fors Relic in Di3 tone, 95 sensitivity, IMask 01, discrimination 5, tone break 65 and iron volume 2.

tabman
You sound like you could have been a smooth talking used car salesman.

TRanegar36

May 1, 2012
IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Pro-Pointer AT, Stealth 720i Hybrid
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The keychain is all good... until you start finding them :laughing7:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet silvers.... the ring is awesome!...
I noticed the little watering can... bizarre.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lot's of nice goodies there to make your day even more eventful! :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day Tab, glad to see you doing well with it. As you learn the Relic it will only get better

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tabman, great post! I normally get lost on long posts, but I was glued to every word...great job on the silvers...especially that ring!...wow, what a stunner! Isn't it nice how one permission turns into another, and then another!? Thanks for the great read...ddf

MrBlueSkyNM

Apr 18, 2016
New Mexico
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Teknetics T2 Classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that's quite the day! Glad it all worked out for you.

tabman

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Everyone! I'm going to get some rest and hit it hard again tomorrow. It's about time for some more big silver or a gold ring.

I'm having a ball using the Nokta Fors Relic. It and the Fors CoRe are the real deal!

tabman

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tabman, great post! I normally get lost on long posts, but I was glued to every word...great job on the silvers...especially that ring!...wow, what a stunner! Isn't it nice how one permission turns into another, and then another!? Thanks for the great read...ddf

I admire your Daring..:notworthy:

You have to work with what's given to you. Just a couple of weeks ago I was working a 5 foot grassy area between the curb and sidewalk when I heard a loud unequivocal attention getting clearing the voice sound while I was down on all fours digging a DEEP plug. It just had to be a really deep one.

I looked up and there stood a fairly good size man in his late thirties with his arms crossed in a mincing pose standing on his front porch. He said, "what are you looking for?". I'm very good at reading body language. What he was really saying was, 'who the hell are you and what are you doing digging holes in MY yard?'.

Undaunted, I said come on down here and I'll show you, which he did. I retrieved a old rusty red clad quarter and showed it to him and said, "not this". He said, "if that's what you'll looking for, what are you looking for?". Before answering, I carefully raked the loose dirt back into the hole, flipped the plug back in and tapped it carefully back down with my fist.

I got up and told him that I'm retired and that my hobby is looking for coins minted before 1964, because they used to be made of silver. I threw in some more friendly chit chat, just to ease the tension some. I told him if he didn't want me doing what I was doing, I wouldn't, BUT I have a right to do so because the 5 foot grassy area is public property. He blared back in one of those authoritative, I'M A Police Officer and I know that the sidewalk is public property.

Undaunted again, I replied back by saying, I know it's doesn't sound fair, since you have to maintain the 5 foot grassy area, but it's public property. I know this because I'm a retired real estate agent, residential home builder and land developer. All the roads, curbs, sewer lines, sidewalks, storm drains etc. in a subdivision are put in by land developers like myself, not by the city. They just charge us permits fees, so they can collect money from us.

Also on my real estate, contractor and developer exams that I was required to take in order to get my licenses, the question about R.O.W. (right of way) was on all three exams that I passed. He laughed and said that he was more curious than anything and didn't want his yard dug up like a bunch of mole hills and could see that I'm not doing any real damage.

I did little more friendly chit chat with him before saying, since you see that I'm doing any harm, let me metal detect your front yard. He smiled really big and said oh hell have at it. I was still digging in his front yard after he went back inside changed into his uniform, got into his car and headed off to work. I gave him a big friendly wave as he drove off.

tabman

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt, Tabman, that silver ring appears to be Native American made, a real beauty. Are there markings inside? Is it a Mexican-made ring that is supposed to look "southwest?" Sub 8-)

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to stressful for me, a relaxing hobby gone bad ??? Nice finds for sure, just not my type of hunting8-)

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A busy day; yes but very productive, congratulations! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread