I had a dream coin hunt today, 2nd best in my 11 years of hunting.

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and the two Jim's got out to a old site today. The very first signal was the 1839 Seated half dime. I was ready to quit and go home. About five or ten minutes later I got the 1825 Liberty Cap dime. Next thing I know Weaver found a large cent. We are thinking what the heck, about a hour or so later I found the CAROLUS.III Real, then Weaver found another large cent. Poor old Armstrong, he got skunked, he only found a few buttons. I can rib him like that because him and Weaver have spanked my butt for as long as I can remember. Weaver's picture taking abilities aren't that good, I am a whole lot better looking than that.

I forgot to tell you guys about this, I may owe this hunt to KY Shooter and the man upstairs. I read shooters
story about saying a prayer before every hunt and I thought what the heck, It's going to be part of the plan
from now on.

Attachments

• DSCN2441 (1920 x 1440).jpg
    DSCN2441 (1920 x 1440).jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 1,888
  • DSCN2442 (1920 x 1440).jpg
    DSCN2442 (1920 x 1440).jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 1,879
  • DSCN2445 (1920 x 1440).jpg
    DSCN2445 (1920 x 1440).jpg
    115 KB · Views: 1,883
  • DSCN2447 (1920 x 1440).jpg
    DSCN2447 (1920 x 1440).jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 1,868
  • DSCN2452 (1920 x 1440).jpg
    DSCN2452 (1920 x 1440).jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 1,857
Upvote 0

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow Deno, you all did Great !!! that 1786 one reale looks really nice, they are such a thin coin and than a field find too :thumbsup:.

I always pray for a safe and Beautiful Day, but your research led you to the finds .

I voted Banner, Bill

70monte68

Aug 8, 2010
PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T2 SE
TEKNETICS T2 SE (back up)
MINELAB EXCALIBUR 2,
WHITES MX SPORT
Great finds!!!
So the trigger looking thing is for a candlestick. I found the same thing not long ago. Is it brass? has a nice looking patina. Was it a handle? How was it used?
thanks...

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Great story and coins!!

Congrats on a super day!

davehky

Jan 3, 2007
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 garrette pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Great story and coins!!

Bill D. (VA) said:
Congrats on a super day!
:icon_thumleft:Awesome! I never seen a half dime! NICE!!!! and all the other finds are great..

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dream hunt for sure!!

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now isn't that special :icon_thumright: Congrats!! Nice coins and relics :headbang:

OP
OP
Deno

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Felinepeachy said:
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am stunned!

Deno, you totally deserved those finds!! I'm so happy for you. Congratulations! :hello2: :notworthy:
viannen_08.gif

Poor Armstrong, I hope you don't rib him too much LOL
connie_08.gif

phil_07.gif

Thanks Mia, this is not a typical hunt for us, we got very lucky. I know if I could bottle and sell
the feeling you get when you see these type of coins in the dirt I could get rich.
I love this hobby.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
umrgolf said:
just an incredible day :o Wish these type posts would make the banner!!

I agree with Jeff. This would be a banner day in my book. :hello2:
Congrats Deno to you and the Ky boys. Amazing amount of nice recoveries out of that field. :thumbsup:
Isn't it a great feeling scoring something good right from the start. ;D
-MM-

OP
OP
Deno

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nova treasure said:
Wow Deno, you all did Great !!! that 1786 one reale looks really nice, they are such a thin coin and than a field find too :thumbsup:.

I always pray for a safe and Beautiful Day, but your research led you to the finds .

I voted Banner, Bill
[/quote

Thanks Bill, you are right about the research. This is strange, the Real was the only coin
I found in the field, all the others were in the woods around the home site.
You must have esp. Thanks again, Deno

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deno , Your reale looks better than mine , but mines older :tongue3: :laughing9: Seriously , Great hunt and finds , even to be skunked on a day like that is not the end the world because the site is, :thumbsup: " that GoOD" !!! Coppers and relics oh yeah !! There will be another day for your bud :headbang: Congrats on a Super Silver Hunt 8) dawg

Digger54

Dec 6, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, Minelab Sovereign GT, Fisher1280X, Nautilus DMCIIB
Awsome!

That is so frigging cool what you found! Finding old silver like that almost puts me in a delirium. :blob8:

Re Flat buttons: Recently I have expanded my displays by cleaning and researching backmarks on flat buttons. The quality and surprising gilt left on the backside of some flat buttons is likely due to the fact that side of the button had little surface wear. I research the backmark and print the info out on a little piece of paper that goes in the bottom of the button holder and I display the button backside showing. Same same with unusual maker designs/mo-tiffs. The rest of the flat buttons I display in a large antique glass top mason jar.

OP
OP
Deno

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ModernMiner said:
umrgolf said:
just an incredible day :o Wish these type posts would make the banner!!

I agree with Jeff. This would be a banner day in my book. :hello2:
Congrats Deno to you and the Ky boys. Amazing amount of nice recoveries out of that field. :thumbsup:
Isn't it a great feeling scoring something good right from the start. ;D
-MM-

MM, I have said it before there is no rhyme or reason to this hobby. Last year I didn't get to
detect much but I am making up for it now, we are on a hot streak, I just hope it goes on
for a little longer. I have had dry spells that would last for months. It was unreal to have
2 nice old American silvers in my pocket in the first 20 minutes or so. The half dime on the
first hole was something I could get use to. And then to top it off with the Real was just
unreal. I love this great hobby. I just hope the owners let us come back after showing them
all of our finds. That was their one stipulation. Without their kindness we wouldn't have had
this great day.

OP
OP
Deno

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CMDiamonddawg said:
Deno , Your reale looks better than mine , but mines older :tongue3: :laughing9: Seriously , Great hunt and finds , even to be skunked on a day like that is not the end the world because the site is the GoOD !!! Coppers and relics oh yeah !! There will be another day for your bud :headbang: Congrats on a Super Silver Hunt 8) dawg

Thanks Dawg, I like the button to coin ratio at this site. This was my first 1 Real.
I have seen a few Reals come up along with many pieces of 8 and 2- 8 Reals.
This is the best hobby in the world.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions