I had a great "TIME" litteraly at the beach!

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE
I had a great "TIME" litteraly at the beach!

Well, I met up "Naturail" (from detectorx) near Fort Fisher in NC. We hit the beach they have been pumping sand on from the ocean floor. This area was also used as a WWII training ground, so all we found there were bullets. Mostly .50 cal. (still incrusted in coral).

Afterwords, I headed North to Wrightsville Beach, and WOW what a start. I had about 20 minutes of daylight left. I turned on my machine, made a few adjustments, completed my ground balance, and litteraly on the first half swing to the right I got a solid signal at 1" I flipped the sand with my scoop and out popped a like new, still running Fossil stainless steel watch!! 2 sweeps later I had another signal at 3". flipped the sand and bam a .925 silver lizard! in the last 15 minutes I found 3 quarters, 2 dimes and 2 lincoln cents.

I went back out for a half hour Wednesday evening and only got 3 dimes and 3 lincoln cents. And finally today, got a few more dimes and lincoln cents.

Attachments

• IMG_0208.jpg
    IMG_0208.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 524
  • IMG_0210.jpg
    IMG_0210.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 538
  • IMG_0214.jpg
    IMG_0214.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 517
Upvote 0

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I had a great "TIME" litteraly at the beach!

Joe, Nice finds. The lizard is too cool!

HH

transplant

Dec 26, 2006

if you will go to the north end of Carolina beach out by the inlet there is a civil war blockaid runner just off shore. you might find some relic wash up on the shore. also on the back road to lure beach along the river side some old plant that where torn down right after ww2 a lot of teenager would go there in the 60's to watch the tide come ;D ;D ;) also if you have time go over to oak island at the baptist assembly is fort caswell. the military used it from 1850 until about1948. lot of beach. plus the ruins of a civil war fort. it in private hands should be able to get permission if you speak baptist(amen brother). good luck

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was just telling Senti that when I hunted at the beach, all's I found were those 50 cal. bullets! :D But your hunt was MUCH more successful than mine!!! Great watch and silver!!

Congrats! Nana :)

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow, looks like a good day at the beach, I'd go back there some more.

One time at Bradenton Beach in Fla., they were pumping up sand from out in the Gulf and a guy detecting pulled up two Gold Doubloons. They shut the whole beach down for a month, while the Archaeologist combed the beach for more. None was found and the didn't get his coins back either. Guess that was the time he should have kept his finds to himself.

Congrats on your finds, HH, Ringfinder

P.S. I too have found 50 Caliber rounds at Myrtle Beach, only mine were live rounds, I turned them into the beach patrol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread