Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A friend of mine got a permission to metal detect this old house in Mandeville Louisiana which is the town next to me which is much older I managed to pull seven tokens of the same make this is a family that is still doing Business in Mandeville Louisiana. I also found a patient plate for scales for candy. I’ve never found so many tokens before and my friend he found six himself and I was just in the backyard. They’ll be more to come. Oh and I forgot this one I thought it was made a lead and I just cleaned it up and I’m biting my hand it’s from New Orleans and I must of hit it IMG_0519.jpg
IMG_0520.jpg
IMG_0521.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0513.jpg
    IMG_0513.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0510.jpg
    IMG_0510.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0512.jpg
    IMG_0512.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0511.jpg
    IMG_0511.jpg
    1,009.1 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Upvote 23

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, that's cool! I enjoy tokens as much as coins..

mddavis3

May 13, 2019
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome bunch of tokens. I enjoy finding them and learning the history of the merchant.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice old tokens.....Looks to have some age to them, maybe early 1900s to the teens maybe.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good haul. Apparently, 'E. Prieto' was 'John Ernest Prieto'. There's some interesting history on Ernest at the link below, together with pictures of the man, his family and their rather splendid house.

Family History Overview

Seemingly the family owned schooners, and a cattle ranch with an abattoir among other things. There are some similar tokens pictured which are said to have been used to pay the family's workers and were redeemable at the mercantile store they established on the corner of Jefferson and Gerard (Girod) Streets. It also had a bar in the cellar.

Last edited:

villival

Mar 18, 2013
Southern Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (Ophelia), Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
Guys, it's E. Prieto. I grew up in Mandeville, Covington, Abita Springs since about 71 or 72. Ernest Prieto was mayor at some point. My grandfather was a contemporary of his. I have to look that up.

We used to hunt old man Prieto's cow fields in Mandeville, back in the day, for certain types of mushrooms.

Clay Prieto owns Rip's restaurant on the lakefront.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good haul. Apparently, 'E. Prieto' was 'John Ernest Prieto'. There's some interesting history on Ernest at the link below, together with pictures of the man, his family and their rather splendid house.

Family History Overview

Seemingly the family owned schooners, and a cattle ranch with an abattoir among other things. There are some similar tokens pictured which are said to have been used to pay the family's workers and were redeemable at the mercantile store they established on the corner of Jefferson and Gerard (Girod) Streets. It also had a bar in the cellar.

I appreciate that Red Coat I really do I’m gonna read on it now.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Guys, it's E. Prieto. I grew up in Mandeville, Covington, Abita Springs since about 71 or 72. Ernest Prieto was mayor at some point. My grandfather was a contemporary of his. I have to look that up.

We used to hunt old man Prieto's cow fields in Mandeville, back in the day, for certain types of mushrooms.

Clay Prieto owns Rip's restaurant on the lakefront.

Where those mushrooms called Prieto’s Magic Mushrooms?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome hunt, congrats! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions