I had submitted info regarding a "key from Hitlers bunker"

sooth5

Aug 19, 2011
I had submitted info regarding a "key from Hitler's bunker"

I'm new to this site and to this concept. I had, hopefully, submitted info regarding a key from Hitler's Berchesgarden that my now-deceased father-in-law picked up during his WWII service in the 86th Division of US Army. I'm no huge fan of the Fuhrer, nor his stuff, but since I have one item of his, I'm hoping to establish provenance and other words like that that you folks know much better than I do.
My submission # i s20539595, if that helps. I've also attached 4 photos.
Thanks, sooth5 (not my real-world name)

Attachments

• hitler_key_4.jpg
    hitler_key_4.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 952

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Re: I had submitted info regarding a "key from Hitler's bunker"

sooth5 said:
...I had, hopefully, submitted info regarding a key from Hitler's Berchesgarden that my now-deceased father-in-law picked up during his WWII service in the 86th Division of US Army...

Interesting. I was stationed in Germany and visited Berteschgaden several times in the 1980s. I visited Hitlers Berteschgaden house (Berghof). The only thing remaining was part of the driveway. Hitler's house was destroyed by US Air Corps bombing AND US Army ground forces during WWII. Because Hitler's driveway was becoming a (type of) shrine for Neo-Nazis (1950's thru 1980's), the FRG eventually destroyed it completely. I'll post my photo of it (as soon as I find it).

Since your FIL was on-site prior to the house's complete destruction, this key could be a very historic find.

Just so we are both on the same page, you are talking about Hitler's Berteschgaden house (the Berghof), right?

Also, it would be nice to have a size reference for the key- "smaller than a breadbox, etc."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread