I had to take my shoes off...

giniro

Jan 14, 2013
Columbus, OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I was meeting a guy to sell some stuff(craigslist) today after work, met him halfway between my place and his which is an area I don't normally go to. Stopped at a bank just before I was to meet him at 5 and got 3 in loose halves. Nothing in those as you'd expect. After I meet the guy it's past five but I remember from google maps recon there was a bank near by that was open till 6 or 7.

So I drive down the street to this bank and go to walk in and notice a sign on the door that the bank has a metal detector to prevent robberies. Well that's a first! I've never been to a bank with a metal detector haha. So I go in and of course my steel toed boots set the thing off and I have to take them off and set them on a little shelf and walk through the metal detector again. Of course they buzz me in after I take my shoes off, guess I'm not the bank robbing type. Anyway two more firsts for me today. They had Ikes! three of them actually, and $3.50 in halves. My heart jumps when the teller pulls out the ikes, a silver rim, bright and shiny I couldn't believe it. He pulls out the halves, bam! a bright and shiny half in there too. Add to that the 1965 in there and I came away from that exchange with 3 40%ers. I couldn't believe my luck. Chatting with the teller he tells me those are the first ikes he's ever seen and some guy brought them all in today. Maybe I should go back and get the guys quarters too, there was a silver quarter in that proof set. Hmmm.
Ag2-2-7-2013.png Ag-2-7-2013.png

Also found some foreign coins attached to the magnet at the coin counter earlier in the day, any idea what these are? Lastly, are canadian pennies ferrous cause there was one stuck to the magnet as well, 2008.

Anyway best day of CRHing in almost a month.

HH -Giniro

Upvote 0

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on you great day there Giniro, it is always fun finding treasure when you least expect it! HH, Maverick.

323GTX

Jan 15, 2013
Columbus, OH & Beijing, PRC
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I was meeting a guy to sell some stuff(craigslist) today after work, met him halfway between my place and his which is an area I don't normally go to. Stopped at a bank just before I was to meet him at 5 and got 3 in loose halves. Nothing in those as you'd expect. After I meet the guy it's past five but I remember from google maps recon there was a bank near by that was open till 6 or 7.

So I drive down the street to this bank and go to walk in and notice a sign on the door that the bank has a metal detector to prevent robberies. Well that's a first! I've never been to a bank with a metal detector haha. So I go in and of course my steel toed boots set the thing off and I have to take them off and set them on a little shelf and walk through the metal detector again. Of course they buzz me in after I take my shoes off, guess I'm not the bank robbing type. Anyway two more firsts for me today. They had Ikes! three of them actually, and $3.50 in halves. My heart jumps when the teller pulls out the ikes, a silver rim, bright and shiny I couldn't believe it. He pulls out the halves, bam! a bright and shiny half in there too. Add to that the 1965 in there and I came away from that exchange with 3 40%ers. I couldn't believe my luck. Chatting with the teller he tells me those are the first ikes he's ever seen and some guy brought them all in today. Maybe I should go back and get the guys quarters too, there was a silver quarter in that proof set. Hmmm.
View attachment 737352 View attachment 737353

Also found some foreign coins attached to the magnet at the coin counter earlier in the day, any idea what these are? Lastly, are canadian pennies ferrous cause there was one stuck to the magnet as well, 2008.

Anyway best day of CRHing in almost a month.

HH -Giniro

Great finds there, Giniro-- definitely like the Ike!!
I was hitting the banks in the 614 today as well (mostly in Hilliard, Worthington, and Dublin)... mostly doing a little dumping. Still haven't come across any Ikes or teller tray keepers.

Happy hunting, and GO BUCKS!

--Brian

BTW-- The foreign coin is from Ethiopia.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Both foreigns are from Ethopia.

2008 50 cents- $0.03 in exchange
2010 1 birr (A coin that I have wanted for a long time)- $0.05 in exchange

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice man its all good i save funny money to.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions