i hate boxes, should I even go through these?

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
I was completely floored today, and I know it's had to have happened to some of you before. I get my box at my bank and walk to my car. It is taped long ways and short ways but I see the white and yellow rolls so I think ok, cool. I get home and the other end of the rolls are meticulously opened and closed and put back in the boxes!!! :angry4: This is what I'd call GAF (Gay as &^*$). I don't even want to go through the rest of them.

Who else has had this happen to them?? Frustration :BangHead:

Upvote 0

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Happened to me last 2 boxes . Havent got any since but am about ready to try since I have a bank i can dump loose at .

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
You can thank your fellow CRHers who search rolls and re roll them carefully in the original wrappers, instead of tearing the crap out of the rolls and dumping loose coins at their bank. Or re rolling in generic wrappers.

I have gotten a few boxes like this and they are terrible. Such a waste of time. I hope that all CRHers who do their rolls like this get endless skunk boxes forever.

Jim

Troy Ounce

Jan 16, 2009
Southeast
Detector(s) used
Whites6000 ProXL
Everyone needs to return to coin machine. Because Brinks is not going to spend if not necessary. I buy Brinks and return to coin machine serviced by Loomis.

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Complain to the cashier of your bank or the teller supervisor manager that you are getting tampered rolls. They may call the company to find out. If companies use machines to roll, then rolls must be normal sealed.

D

Ifyndit

Dec 15, 2007
The Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Corte's, Golden Sabre II, Minelab X-Terra50
Search it! Many times people just edge roll search. I have found commemoratives, 1974D ddo's, NIFC, proofs, and other goodies. You won't know if you don't search it!

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It happened to me before. I got $300 in Brinks rolls and got home and all of them had one cute end and one end that looks like someone that rides the short bus crimped it themselves. I would look through them though because I found a silver Swiss 5 Francs coin (saw one that went for about $14 on feeBay).

-Codes

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Those a$$ H#$% yeah I hate that. I garantee whatever Coin roll hunter is doing it they don't participate in this forum. If they are they are probably not ballzy enough to admit it because they would get blasted by most everybody on here. Just rip the rolls away and get some other freakin rolls will ya.

-Golden silver

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
golden silver said:
Those a$$ H#$% yeah I hate that. I garantee whatever Coin roll hunter is doing it they don't participate in this forum. If they are they are probably not ballzy enough to admit it because they would get blasted by most everybody on here. Just rip the rolls away and get some other freakin rolls will ya.

-Golden silver

Rich Hartford
admitted to doing this on this site on the thread below called "wrapping rolls."

Mojo

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,211577.0.html

"Go Get Em"

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
ALRIGHT RICH WHERE ARE YA? LET ME AT EM? I GUESS YOU ARE FAR AWAY ENOUGH THAT IT DOESN'T MATTER TO ME BUT CHANGE....NOW!

-GOLDEN SILVER

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
mistergee said:
search it anyway....i have had this happen to me too and i still found a 40%er or two

Ditto. Though apparent dumps, I too have found some 40%ers, proofs and/or NIFCs.

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Bummer those boxes are sh&t ... yeah I have bought a few of them ...never have got them in boxes I ordered but have bought them out on road trips ...f#CK it must take some weasels a long time just to screw up somebody else rolls ...

Anyways yeah I agree with the rest of crew maybe they missed some goodies , Ed

gotgot

Dec 29, 2008
was holding off on next post until I had full results of my current boxes since my first two were skunks and the current one has joy (also need to upload the pic), but have to chime in here on this one.

I am one of those guys. Only with Halves, as getting the wraps are extremely difficult and no way would I pay for them. So I open carefully and re-roll in the same rolls. I dont do that with dimes, nicks or pennies. I have accounts at 6 banks currently (3 opened just to prepare for my ramping up CRH'ing) and not a one has a machine, they all want them rolled. So sorry, friends, but as I have to reroll, I recycle my wraps.

Whats worse, One of my new dump banks was very excited when I returned my first grand in rolled halves, as they say they have a guy coming there all the time looking for halves. OOPS sorry man. Its not like there is a master agreement as to where to buy and where to dump.

:( So while I am new to the forum/lurker for only about 8 months, I am one of those guys and not afraid to post it. I do feel for you though, you would think the coin service companies would count and reroll fresh rather than recycle ones someone turned in. Thats their bad though, not mine.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jim4silver said:
You can thank your fellow CRHers who search rolls and re roll them carefully in the original wrappers, instead of tearing the crap out of the rolls and dumping loose coins at their bank. Or re rolling in generic wrappers.

I have gotten a few boxes like this and they are terrible. Such a waste of time. I hope that all CRHers who do their rolls like this get endless skunk boxes forever.

Jim

I agree 100% >:( >:( >:(

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
Well gotgot it appears unanimous...you must find another method...it is now coin roll hunting rule 19.

-Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread