I hate to get my hopes up, but...

burglarifyoulike

Aug 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
I found this a few hours ago in a cornfield that I was detecting because I recently found out that my husband's grandmother was born in a house that sat there until the 1980's. I have no idea how old the house was, I just thought it would be fun to find relics belonging to my husbands great grandparents. I was shocked to find this! Just as I pulled it out (basically on the surface) my husband's cousin, who joined me to see if she would like MDing, was getting out of her car, and I said, " I may have found the best thing I've ever found!" Anyway, I couldn't wait to get home to post it, and obviously haven't cleaned it (I'm afraid to), but would appreciate your knowlegeable replies. I will post some other odds and ends after they are cleaned a bit. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• DSCN1075.JPG
    DSCN1075.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 1,042
  • DSCN1076.JPG
    DSCN1076.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 1,026
Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

burglarifyoulike

Aug 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's DFX

Attachments

• DSCN1084.JPG
    DSCN1084.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 478
  • DSCN1085.JPG
    DSCN1085.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 474

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you do decide to clean it use rain water or spring water. The chemicals in tap water will turn it red. I found out the hard way on my buckle. awesome find. Tex

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what part of the country are u in

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
gemee said:
I'm curious about something; Why wee so mnay belt buckles lost back in this time frame? Being female, I just do not get it.

I think it just seems like a lot because you don't notice the 1,000 of us that didn't find one today, last week, last month, or even last year. :)

well it they seem to be more common than you think... 2 in a matter of a few days...

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gemee said:
I'm curious about something; Why wee so mnay belt buckles lost back in this time frame? Being female, I just do not get it.

its because the tang/latch/hook part usually breaks off... or bends...

and there aren't many belt buckles worth posting about except in the civil war time frame.

OP
OP
B

burglarifyoulike

Aug 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
what part of the country are u in

south/central PA. thanks, TexJim on the cleaning tip- that would be shocking to have it turn red! We have a well, so thankfully, it didn't damage it- I cleaned it before i read your post.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread