I Have A Dream!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dr. Martin Luther King once said, “I have a dream.” Well, I have dreams too and I'd like to share one of those dreams with you.

I'm in the water, about belly deep, the day is absolutely perfect, I'm pleasantly compressed in the 78 degree water and air, both being flat and smooth. “Whamp! Whamp!...Whamp! Whamp!” No doubt about that tone, only gold can sound like that.

I captured it on the first attempt, the scoop full of escaping sand slowly making its way to the surface, my Raybans helping to smother the sun's reflection bouncing off the surface of the water and the shiny finish on my scoop, the water as clear as gin, the cloud of dust-like sand leaving a trail in the slight drift. Time to do a little shaking.

“Clang! Clang!....Clang! Clang!” It's the sound of dense metal sliding and rattling against thin stainless steel, the clouds of powder bursting through the holes and starting to dissipate. Flashes of bright gold, chunky flashes, perhaps a signet or class ring but no mistaking that it is a large piece in the shape of a ring. “CLANG! CLANG!....CLANG! CLANG!” It's now sounding much loader and even denser then before.

The scoop is at the surface and I can see the ring now, it's absolutely HUGE, very ornate looking, very old looking. It's not a class ring or signet but something else? I finally reach into the scoop to extract it so I can take a closer look. It appears to be 22K, that unique gold color that old 22K exhibits being unmistakable. “This,” I silently say to myself, “is one monster of a gold ring!”

Ornate is an understatement, this ring bearing all of the signs of a rare and talented master craftsman. Good lord, this thing is heavy. I'm guessing close to 30 grams, give or take? The filigree is stunning, to say the least. Vines and rosary, tiny but very detailed shields and crest, Can you hear the faded screaming of the seagulls in the distance? I can.

Holy Cow! The face of this ring bears the flawless and unmistakable image of a man, it's Dr. Martin Luther King!

Hey, I'm just sharing the dream, baby! Just sharing the dream. Now you tell me, whose dream was better?

Did you see that coming? :laughing7:

Upvote 0

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Thats a tough choice to make. On one hand MLK believed in non violence, unity and freedom for all people, beliefs which got him killed. On the other hand you found gold in your scoop. I think there both excellent dreams.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread