XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other

Sluice Willis

Feb 6, 2015
In my house
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's a great idea and shipping could be a contribution possibly taken on by another organization. Once a charity get's up and running others may chip in, like toys for tots and other similar campaigns. It sure can't hurt our image or the kids, that's for sure.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SLUICE WILLIS !!! I am you biggest fan...
I loved you in DIG HARD !!!

Can you type your name so I can have your autograph ! :)

Sluice Willis

Feb 6, 2015
In my house
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs! - Sluice Willis :laughing7:

Glad you enjoyed my movie, Imadigging, The Dig Sense and The Whole Nine Yards are some others you may like too! :laughing7:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs! - Sluice Willis :laughing7:

Glad you enjoyed my movie, Imadigging, The Dig Sense and The Whole Nine Yards are some others you may like too! :laughing7:

Hey... I like the new guy...
Good sense of humor goes far.

FollowTheBeep

Jul 15, 2014
Bloomington, IL
Detector(s) used
Racer, ACE 250, Propointer AT, Cen-tec pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What if we were able to set up an annual, national hunt for the club near the redeeming mint? Then everyone who was able to attend could bring their coins and the coins of people near them that couldn't attend. Not only would we have the good reason to go turn in the coins for charity but also have an opportunity to meet in person and have a fun hunt!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
It would cost more than it is worth to do .For you will not get every one to go in on it .. Good idea but it will not work .. Count me out .. I don't like to go into things that i know is a loss before it starts.. A waste of time ..

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ok how about an evolution of the original idea?

When one of us goes on vacation we could collect the donations along the way. And there could be certain ones in strategic areas for collection.

I'll start, on my next vacation I will let you all know my route and I will meet at the interstate anyone donating jewels, silver and gold. I will send the money to a worthy charity I know of( JG's retirement fund)

Sluice Willis

Feb 6, 2015
In my house
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey... I like the new guy...
Good sense of humor goes far.

"It doesn't matter how many people I've killed. What matters is how I get along with the people who are still alive." - Sluice Willis, The Whole Nine Yards :laughing7:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
ok how about an evolution of the original idea?

When one of us goes on vacation we could collect the donations along the way. And there could be certain ones in strategic areas for collection.

I'll start, on my next vacation I will let you all know my route and I will meet at the interstate anyone donating jewels, silver and gold. I will send the money to a worthy charity I know of( JG's retirement fund)
jeff-g…… That was my thought also...

OP
OP
Higgy

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Probably would have to set it up with someone who is local everywhere. If the Shriners main office accepted the "donations" at each lodge, you could set up a partnership that way. Shriners are a good org that helps pay for little ones medical expenses and research.

Hey Phantasman, I think you and Dave44 got the right idea. I think that getting the Shriners involved would certainly get this bird off the ground.

Look at it this way - nobody - especially Keppy - wants to truly go out of their way for this. Everyone thinks this is a good idea and they are all for it, but in practice it will fall flat unless the donor has no investment in it other than to perhaps drop it off at the local Shriners location.

If We got the Shriners in on it, it would be pretty cool because they already have the staffing and the network to get this done. Even if it was a drive by them every year to collect our crud it would still benefit them, increase our rep, and most-importantly, help those in need.

So... anyone here a Shriner? I drink like one...:laughing7:

bowser

Feb 27, 2007
SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
Detector(s) used
PRISM11 MXT IDX PRO TESORO COMPARDRE T2 se
Primary Interest:
Other
junk coins

Have you all gone mad, i don't want the gvt comin after me for any money i might have or at least taxing it, thanks a lot for pointing out i might have some chump change they don't know about.:violent1:

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it is a great idea, count me in and let me know of any other way I can help. :icon_thumleft:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So higgy... no comments to the "CCCC" posts I made.
?

OP
OP
Higgy

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So higgy... no comments to the "CCCC" posts I made?

I like it. Maybe we can get Guy Fieri to be our frontman if we shorten it to three C's? Triple C!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to look online to see who the heck he was...
He is a cook... I have seen him before now that I saw his pic.
It is your idea... I threw the CCC up first... Which actually belongs to many groups I am sure... as well as CCCC... I did not even look.
I was partially/semi just tossing shrimp with that one...

Was it you... hmm maybe someone else ...
wanted to see larger pic of my avatar/me with Santa Margarita gold...
Tis up in "my albums" or whatever... with caption.

Last edited:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's a great idea and don't listen to the negative posters that say it will never work. That's what they told Steve Jobs and Einstein. If you work hard enough and are innovative enough and don't let the negative crap drag you down you can succeed at most anything. My gf manages a bank and I will chat with her about how others set up charities with them. Your hearts in the right place bro. That's what counts

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You do know that most if not all charities are rip off's don't you….

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You do know that most if not all charities are rip off's don't you….

You do know that implying possibly "all" charities are rip offs is a ridiculous statement don't you? And even if this were true does that mean that this one would have to follow suit? If you don't like the idea why is it that you feel the need to reply to the thread? It always amazes me that some people just can't resist to say something negative. Thankfully there's a lot of positive people out there that don't bother listening to them. Nothing good would ever happen if they did

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread