Agatesrcool

Greenie
Jan 11, 2024

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Taking a chunk of rock here and there is typically just prospecting for something worth working.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you have parallel quartz veins are they usually evenly spaced in between each other I don't see why they would be, but I was at a old gold claim and there is no reason I can find that he would have dug in that spot few pieces of quartz here and there, but no veins. There are some veins up the hill though.
Remember gold does not have to be located in quartz. It can simply fill the void in a localized fault. There are reasons that veins of quartz are parallel. Sometimes the fault movement can be perpendicular to the direction of the quartz veins. Check out some of these animations. USGS Faults

OP
OP
A

Agatesrcool

Greenie
Jan 11, 2024
Taking a chunk of rock here and there is typically just prospecting for something worth working.
Ya but it seems like a lot of work if you don't know there is anything there its over 50ft tall and about 100ft wide looks like he was using an excavator, I think he was working by himself too but maybe there was a thin vain? Probably knew something I don't.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya but it seems like a lot of work if you don't know there is anything there its over 50ft tall and about 100ft wide looks like he was using an excavator, I think he was working by himself too but maybe there was a thin vain? Probably knew something I don't.
Well sounds like you need to do some historical research. Excavators and gold rush diggings are separated by a bunch of time and technology advancements. Lots of mining records specific to individual mines available online these days. Lots of dirt moved by hand in the day by hard men. Usually indicating something worth working for.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions