Today's Finds 5-11-2024

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit a new permission for the first time this morning. A local township Lacrosse Field. The field is in close proximity to a store/tavern on the 1860 and 1851 county maps. The store/tavern building is still there but I haven't been able to gain permission.

Only spent about two hours there and dug mostly trash with VDI between 35-55. Used the WS6 Master and the tekkna program. All kinds of weird trash. Some of it even looked like it was once electronic circuitry. Most was old aluminum can chunks. I've grown to expect such trash everywhere I go. I was able to get a couple of relics that give me hope for the permission. In the lacrosse fields I spent the least amount of time but managed to find some clad and two zinclons.

Reins Guide
P1001404_WM.jpg

Unidentified. Sure looks old. Quarter for size reference.
P1001405_WM.jpg
P1001406_WM.jpg
P1001407_WM.jpg
P1001408_WM.jpg

P1001410_WM.jpg

Coins.
P1001409_WM.jpg

I didn't work much of the field, and I didn't dig some iron hits I had that sounded good. Kicking myself for that. Can't wait to get back there and what else I can find that has some age to it.

Thanks for looking...

Upvote 12

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 (Stock Coil)
Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Minelab X-Terra Pro (Stock Coil)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That soil sure has not been kind to those coins. That's the way my soil does them also. Those top two look quite rugged and "battle damaged". The soil won that fight.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a new permission for the first time this morning. A local township Lacrosse Field. The field is in close proximity to a store/tavern on the 1860 and 1851 county maps. The store/tavern building is still there but I haven't been able to gain permission.

Only spent about two hours there and dug mostly trash with VDI between 35-55. Used the WS6 Master and the tekkna program. All kinds of weird trash. Some of it even looked like it was once electronic circuitry. Most was old aluminum can chunks. I've grown to expect such trash everywhere I go. I was able to get a couple of relics that give me hope for the permission. In the lacrosse fields I spent the least amount of time but managed to find some clad and two zinclons.

Reins Guide
View attachment 2148647

Unidentified. Sure looks old. Quarter for size reference.
View attachment 2148648 View attachment 2148649 View attachment 2148650 View attachment 2148651
View attachment 2148653

Coins.
View attachment 2148652

I didn't work much of the field, and I didn't dig some iron hits I had that sounded good. Kicking myself for that. Can't wait to get back there and what else I can find that has some age to it.

Thanks for looking...
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread