mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My little girl keeps me ticking She gives me a hug and kiss when I leave fo work and then she is up when I get home for work with another hug and kiss.....Matt

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's like an Easter Egg hunt every time. :thumbsup: But someone hid that gold piece REALLY well. :icon_scratch:

And, with detecting unlike in society, I can control the number of "holes" I have to deal with.

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & Quick Draw II
For me it's the unknown. You never know what is under your loop when the audio starts up.

Most of the time for me it's a pop top, but you never know...

Grip

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thrill of the hunt!

GG~

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
The wonder I see in my 8yr old grandson's eyes when he finds a target under the coil and recovers it on his own .
As we hunt old sites I also teach him of the world before electricity and autos and the history of the land .
We also mix in wild crafting and conversation of what it takes to become a gentleman of integrity .
Fierce responsibility being entrusted with the raw lump of clay of a young human and the obligation to help mold him into a well
rounded individual .

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me, I just enjoy it.

Socalal

Greenie
May 8, 2008
Gardena, CA
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II SL, XLT, & DFX-300, Tesoro SuperTrac & Compadre, Minelab GP-3500
It used to be coins and jewelry in the local parks or at the beach--- but since I retired and joined the Crime Scene Search Unit in our Club, it's the weapons, drugs, etc. that we locate for the different Sheriff's Depts, Police Dept's, FBI, Los Angeles Port Authority, etc. ---- and never knowing what we are going to be asked to do next, or where, it could be here in L.A., out in Palm Springs, or assisting the unfortunate folks who lost their homes in the recent wildfires (locating personal item, money, jewelry, etc.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread