I have a regret from yesterday

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other

Unclebuck257

Aug 31, 2013
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Garrett Carrot PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deep,

Don't worry too much about it because I used to do the same thing with the younger vets. I think it has something to do with our era of vets and what happened to us after Vietnam and our having to just go on with life regardless. As a result, we just automatically think other vets will too. It takes a while to adjust to people walking up to us and thanking us for our service when we wear our ball caps stating that service. Again, we weren't used to it and to a great degree, many of us tried for various reasons to hide it! Fast forward to recent years and the change in the attitude of the American people.. I started wearing my Proud Veteran, US Air Force ball caps a few years ago and people would come up to me, shake my hand and thank me for my service. After I got used to it, I was easily able to and relaxed in walking up to younger vets and thanking them for their service. Doing that usually leads to some interesting conversations comparing back in our day to now too!! LOL!

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to admit I am more comfortable walking up to vets my own age than the younger ones, but they all deserve a thank you for your service. I'm still getting use to it myself as I wear my USAF hat every where.

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was parking at home depot and before I got out of my truck good (ega on my back window) a guy walked up to me and thanked me for my service. Chatted with him for a bit, told him you are welcome glad that I was able.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Post Vietnam, no one ever thanked me for my service. And parents didn't want me dating their daughters either.

The world has certainly changed, and for the better. IN SPITE OF TELEVISION NEWS!

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a general rule of thumb for me, if you are wearing your uniform in public at a restaurant, your meal is paid for by me.
I never let them know it was me, just flag the waitress down and have her give me their check.

US Army 1982 - 1986....... SP4 Signal Corp.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread