I have an ignorant question concerning cannonballs....

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 414
  • index.jpg
    index.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 421
S

stefen

All I can say is that if I was a Bomb Tech and some a-hole came up behind me with a sack full of air, its would be his last joke.

T

TreasureTales

stefen said:
All I can say is that if I was a Bomb Tech and some a-hole came up behind me with a sack full of air, its would be his last joke.

Ain't that the truth!!! What a bozo.

jeff from east pa

Feb 13, 2006
alot of cannon balls during the civil war had time fuses meaning when fired at a target they would go off according to the time set the same as our artillery shells today. civil war shells that are not solid shot are very unstable. I live 15 miles from gettysburg and years ago a fellow found a shell not knowing about them he tried to weld it to a flag pole and it exploded and he lost his arm. I have been digging for civil war relics for 10 years and never dug a live one yet but if I do here's how I would handle it. 1st don't shake it around and do not drop it! get a bucket with a wet cloth in it to wrap shell in and make sure it does not move around in it. And by all means'' Do not'' Repeat ''Do not'' drill into it!!! take it to a civil war relic dealer and have it dearmed or defused.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread