i have found my answers thank you. :)

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
did and nothing on this side just ocala ne and it uts off i cant seem to find a map of this side for nothing must have not been part of ocala fl back then . hmmmm back to the books we go ty for the reply if you find anything out please share it,

I'm sure you are familiar with the Florida State law regarding burial mounds, Indian village sites, etc. Please don't take that the wrong way - back in The Day, L. Frank Hudson found himself in a spot of trouble over a similar situation.

Are you familiar with the Military Map of the Peninsula of Florida, South of Tampa Bay, Compiled by Lieut. J.C. Ives, Topogl. Engineers, Under the General Direction of Capt. A.A. Humphreys, Topogl. Engineers, By Order of the Hon. Jefferson Davis, Secretary of War, April, 1856, War Department? [Just FYI - that's the same Jeff Davis]

The map is large scale and may not show what you're looking for. However, there is a detailed Memoir (New York: 1856) that might be helpful.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

OP
OP
C

CaNiDigHere?

Greenie
Jan 25, 2024
I'm sure you are familiar with the Florida State law regarding burial mounds, Indian village sites, etc. Please don't take that the wrong way - back in The Day, L. Frank Hudson found himself in a spot of trouble over a similar situation.

Are you familiar with the Military Map of the Peninsula of Florida, South of Tampa Bay, Compiled by Lieut. J.C. Ives, Topogl. Engineers, Under the General Direction of Capt. A.A. Humphreys, Topogl. Engineers, By Order of the Hon. Jefferson Davis, Secretary of War, April, 1856, War Department? [Just FYI - that's the same Jeff Davis]

The map is large scale and may not show what you're looking for. However, there is a detailed Memoir (New York: 1856) that might be helpful.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo
yes i am and as i stated this is for education only so thanks i am curious where the villages were can care less about the burial mounds but is still part of the history
i just looked the map up and was a huge help thank you. i also went to the public library and there was a few maps and people that could help aswell come to find out the village was were i thought it was, also there were much more 20 more villages on the two maps alone. this is really cool shows how much we lost in time, some spots are even where a walmart now is .its nice to know the native history of your area, and know how they lived and where they were, i find there history amazing and the wars aswell thank you for the help

Last edited:

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
yes i am and as i stated this is for education only so thanks i am curious where the villages were can care less about the burial mounds but is still part of the history
i just looked the map up and was a huge help thank you. i also went to the public library and there was a few maps and people that could help aswell come to find out the village was were i thought it was, also there were much more 20 more villages on the two maps alone. this is really cool shows how much we lost in time, some spots are even where a walmart now is .its nice to know the native history of your area, and know how they lived and where they were, i find there history amazing and the wars aswell thank you for the help

I'm pleased to learn the map was helpful. That's pretty much the whole idea here on TN - assist each other, learn something, swap yarns, and have a good time.

I'm also glad you took the note about burial mounds in the spirit in which it was offered.

If it helps, here's a link to the Memoir:

://archive.org/details/memoirtoaccompan00unit/page/n5/mode/2up

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread