I have the BUG! Hope I outswing my MD buddy with his pro Garrett gadgets!

Ihatepoisonivy

Feb 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys brand new! Just ordered my xterra 750 combo gold pac and pinpointer....cant wait...been going around with my good friend that:headbang: swings garrette pro stuff around. I hope I will have an advantage on his MD in the field. Wish me luck guys and any tips are apprieciatted. I'm trying to figure out which coil head to use on my first trip out will be...any input on this model is apprieciated.

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the new machine!

Which coil would be best is a question that requires more information to begin to answer. What are you looking for? Where are you looking? What kind of ground is it?

OP
OP
Ihatepoisonivy

Ihatepoisonivy

Feb 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Longhair, Well for starters Ive been doing civil war research in my surrounding areas of North west GA....I had a whites prism 4 bought used 3 weeks ago and have found 3 CW buttons, 2 CW bullets and lots of trash. I also learned to hate hot rocks! Digging without gloves and got poison Ivy of the hands in balls! And learned a pinpointer is a must....lol...I wonder which coil will be most bennificial...

oooldman

Feb 12, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, Whites coinmaster, Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
Other
Go to nearest pharmacy buy tube of ZANFEL its a green and chrome color box looks like toothpaste.. it will in 30 seconds take away the itch and in 3 days totally dry up the poison ivy. It is rather expensive $27 / $30 it is the most important thing in the medicine cabinet and worth every cent to those that suffer the effects of " IVY " Just follow instructions it will last for a long time as only a little is needed.

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're going to want to use the HF coil for where you are and what you're hunting. You might even decide to get the 10.5" or Coiltek 15" HF coil in the future to cover more ground and go deeper.

The other thing that I would suggest, is that you slow down and run AM to avoid skipping over good stuff.

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go to nearest pharmacy buy tube of ZANFEL its a green and chrome color box looks like toothpaste.. it will in 30 seconds take away the itch and in 3 days totally dry up the poison ivy. It is rather expensive $27 / $30 it is the most important thing in the medicine cabinet and worth every cent to those that suffer the effects of " IVY " Just follow instructions it will last for a long time as only a little is needed.

This is some great info...thanks oldman..I will file this away...hopefully not for future use.:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread