kimikiri

Jun 4, 2011
Central, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Garrett ACE 350, Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,

I love the site and have found so much useful info here. Just recently registered and I am HOOKED on CRH! I am trying to do a box of dimes every day and they have been very consistent. I average about 2 silver dimes per box. I also have been doing halves and my recent finds(or lack of) are not so good. In the last 8 boxes I have had seven skunks and one box that yielded 4 40%. Is this normal? At this rate I would rather focus on dimes... I also have been playing around with nickels. I scored 5 war nickels and 1 buff in 5 boxes. I keep telling myself to keep at it with the halves because "It will happen".

My wife thinks my new hobby is crazy, but I keep telling her that I will have the last laugh when silver skyrockets.

Upvote 0

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome, being in central PA i would try and get half boxes in the other fed districts like NY, they seem to kill it with the halves. As I'm sure you have figured out already? If not this might help :thumbsup:

http://www.federalreserve.gov/otherfrb.htm

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
My wife thought I was crazy too at first, until my last three boxes. I am fairly new to CRH... last month or so... I had found like four total 40%'ers from six boxes. Then a week ago finally, on box seven... bam, 25 silvers. The next two boxes after that had a total of 16 silvers in them. All the sudden its not so crazy to the wife. So my advice would be to keep swinging the bat..... I have gotten alot of people who say those three boxes are extremely lucky and not to expect that to last forever, but It just proves that it is still out there, and is definately worth looking for. keep hammering the boxes and eventually you will get something that brings your average way up. Good luck.

OP
OP
kimikiri

kimikiri

Jun 4, 2011
Central, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Garrett ACE 350, Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
StevoCBR said:
Welcome, being in central PA i would try and get half boxes in the other fed districts like NY, they seem to kill it with the halves. As I'm sure you have figured out already? If not this might help :thumbsup:

http://www.federalreserve.gov/otherfrb.htm

Im trying to figure everything out as quickly as possible... One thing that really gets me is that I am finding so many marked halves. And the kicker is that I have found at least 3 NIFC marked halves! It seems like there are so many silver freaks out there that they just dont care about anything else... If you look at the mintage for the 1987 and 2002+ halves... well those of you that know, KNOW.

Out of the almost $5000 in halves I have been through since starting this hobby last month I have found ONE 1987 half.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions