I havent found one of these in a while! More farm silver.

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I haven't found one of these in a while! More farm silver.

I got out to the silver farm for a little while this afternoon, and it was like old times (except without the children ;D). The day's first silver was a 62D Rosey, followed by this good luck token. A few years ago, I found a lot of these, but it's been quite a while since. This says "VERNON W RODEHEAVER U.S. NAVY" and I'm sure someone out there knows how to get information about him! Jared? ;D I also managed five wheats, but they're pretty chewed up. One is definitely a 34; the rest will require some sanding to bring a date back to life. The day's final find was a 51 Rosey that may have been encased in gum at some point; it required a little cleaning just to bring FDR to light.

Attachments

• luckyfarm 001 (Small).jpg
    luckyfarm 001 (Small).jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,078
  • luckyfarm 002 (Small).jpg
    luckyfarm 002 (Small).jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 1,083
Upvote 0
OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Re: I haven't found one of these in a while! More farm silver.

kimsdad said:
Great finds!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I agree that those kinds of tokens are cool to find! I wonder if his daughter would like to have it.
I just looked up his daughter in the phone book, called her and am mailing her the piece this morning.

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT

Cool story and great recoveries. Pretty cool you were able to mail it out to her as well. Should be quite an interesting item to pass down.

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

DrDetector said:
Cool story and great recoveries. Pretty cool you were able to mail it out to her as well. Should be quite an interesting item to pass down.
Hey Doc, you wonder if she ever saw one like it before. Were these things one of a kind, or did guys have them made by the dozen? I found one in my mother's yard with the name of a man down the street; his son was older than us kids and played ball in the yard with some of the other neighborhood kids. He had to have been the one who lost it. I'll be curious to see if I get any response once the lady gets the mail tomorrow or Monday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread