I heard it go BANG

LJHanley06

Aug 19, 2006
I can't say that I ever found a meteorite...but I was close nough to hear it "POP" when it burned in.
I was performing a BPO/Pre flight inspection on one of my jets early one Fall morning. I had just finished up wiping down the nose landing gear and was backing out of the wheel well, when I turned to the west and heard a "sizzle"...I looked up and saw the meteor streak in and go BANG...pieces fell to the west over Tillicum/Ft. Lewis and Puget Sound. Once in a lifetime event!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
same here buddy i saw on also one night land maybe a mile from were i was 8)

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife and I were driving North on Rt 81 just below Cortland and saw something leaving a bright orange trail streak across the sky. It turned bright green and immediately split into a half-dozen pieces. Never did hear if there were strikes, and Lord knows it could have been large and much farther away than it appeared and the smaller pieces "skipped" on the edge of the atmosphere and back into space. Truly amazing to see.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread