I heard of some KGC money jars buried

CheeseMe

Jul 1, 2016
cleburne tx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MONEY JARS PUT THERE BY AN OLD MAN THAT LIVED IN THE AREA , THERE WAS AN OLD CHART, I OVERHEARD THIS CONVERSATION FROM A FRIEND OF MINE ,HE MET A MEXICAN THAT HAD THE CHART, I HAVE WALKED IN AND FOUND ONE MASON JAR BROKEN LAID ON TOP OF THE GROUND NEXT TO A TREE THAT HAD AN ARROWHEAD STUCK IN THE TREE ,BUT I WAS NOT THERE LOOKING FOR KGC MONEY, I HAD NO CLUE AS TO THE STORY,BUT I HAD HEARD ABOUT SOME SPAINISH GOLD THAT WAS BURIED IN THE AREA ,AN OLD CAVE ,THE OLE TIMERS CALLED PUCKER SPRINGS ITS SAID TO GO A MILE 1/2 INTO THE GROUND AND SPLIT INTO TWO DIFFERENT WAYS ,I NEVER HAD THE NERVE TO EXPLORE IT, BUT I KNEW A MAN THAT WENT IN FAR ENOUGH TO SEE INDIAN DRAWINGS ON THE CAVE WALLS IVE NEVER BEEN TO IT BUT I KNOW WHERE TO LOOK ,ITS AT THE TOP OF THE CREEK WITH THE ENTREE SHAFT GOING DOWN ABOUT 10 TO 15 FT I WAS TOLD THIS IS ONE OF THE LOC. THE SPAINISH MAY HAVE STASHED 5 JACK LOADS OF GOLD,BUT THEN ID HEARD IT COULD BE CLOSER TO HAMS CREEK, WHICH IS ONLY UP RIVER 2 OR 3 MILES, IVE HEARD 2 DIFFERENT STORYS ON HOW THEY LOST THE GOLD AND WHERE BECAUSE OF HIGH WATER, POSSIBLE GOLD STILL IN THE RIVER BED OUT OF SITE OUT OF MIND

Last edited:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TNet. The expert here is the person who posted right before me. Hard to understand what you posted without knowing where you are and what you are saying. Your story sort of rambles.Sorry...

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the KGC buried their vast treasure in mason jars here is a way to date them so to find out if they were KGC treasure or not.Minnetrista » How to Date a Ball Jar

Cheesecake you have our attention but we need more information if we are going to be of any help. Otherwise you are kind of on your own.

Senior Deacon

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Mason Jars were simply "Bank Jars" (coins,etc.) for Outlaws/former CSA Rebels/KGC Knights "on the Run"; used to pay friendly ppl who provided "rest" (food, bed, "body clean-up") to 'em; MANY stories exist... indicating such.

OP
OP
C

CheeseMe

Jul 1, 2016
cleburne tx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you for the info on the ball jar very helpful SENIOR DEACON

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CheeseMe

Jul 1, 2016
cleburne tx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks, AUSTIN I WAS RAMBLING , GUESS I GOT TO EXCITED IM NEW TO ALL THIS, FIGURED I WOULD START OUT WITH A STORY THAT I KNEW ,I GUESS YOU WANT TO KNOW WHERE ? ITS IN A SMALL TOWN CALLED BLUM TEXAS, A RIVER THAT RUNS THROUGH THERE CALLED NOLAND HOPE THAT NARROWED IT DOWN FOR YA

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually, KGC is the guy that can answer all your questions, not me. He finally, from his posts, convinced me that the kgc even existed. That's the guy you need to PM. My field(I taught college for 15 years) was Spain in Texas and the Southwest 1519-1821. And it's probably best not to disclose the whereabouts of your treasure...Good luck on the hunt...
By the way, I've been to Blum, fished Whitney and floated(canoe) the Brazos. Also ate at one of the best BBQ spots ever. Now I understand your post. There is a treasure story that I heard years ago about the area. Can't recall KGC, but stuff was buried in containers. Good luck...

Last edited:

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cheeseme, you might want to delete location details from your post. You want to keep locations and certain location-specific details confidential.

By the way, is the Caps Lock button on your keyboard broken? It's more difficult to read writing that's in all caps.

Last edited:

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cheeseme we aren't all that far apart. Yes most likely there might be a KGC connection there. Good amount of Spanish, Mexican, and Native American treasure tales abound in you area too.

Senior Deacon

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, KGC is the guy that can answer all your questions, not me. He finally, from his posts, convinced me that the kgc even existed. That's the guy you need to PM. My field(I taught college for 15 years) was Spain in Texas and the Southwest 1519-1821. And it's probably best not to disclose the whereabouts of your treasure...Good luck on the hunt...
By the way, I've been to Blum, fished Whitney and floated(canoe) the Brazos. Also ate at one of the best BBQ spots ever. Now I understand your post. There is a treasure story that I heard years ago about the area. Can't recall KGC, but stuff was buried in containers. Good luck...

It's said the best Bar-b-que in Texas comes from that area of central Texas. From Austin to Dallas. My favorite place is in a gas station in Rowlett,Texas the most unlikely place. The brisket melts in your mouth and DANG the sausage is the best I have ever had. I was ruined years ago because I got addicted to the Kansas City style and love my sweet bar-b-que sauce. The Texas based sauce is a vinegar based. Tangy but not any sweetness I do like the mustard sauce on my pork most ham. Pulled pork its KC style sauce.

You are right Rebel is the go to guy here. He had most likely forgot more than most of us know. :thumbsup::notworthy:

Senior Deacon

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting tale,,,
MANY individuals used jars as banks in the day,,Either out of distrust or not having a real "bank" nearby.
Personally I DO BELIEVE that there are still many such small "pokes" that have not been found.
As far as the huge KGC caches we all have heard and read about,,,Very possible that there might be a few of those too.
BUT as we all know the secrecy and codes/signs that were used to convey those locations, many have been lost or the "keys" to those codes were forgotten.
There ARE however several here that DO know some of the "keys" or at least have a grip on the methodologies that was used to encrypt those locations.

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mason jars have been around since the 1850's. Before that crocks were what food was generally stored in. A lot of families put up food from the garden for the year. I still do a fair amount of canning pickles, jelly, green beans, tomatoes, pickled peppers. We try to keep 150 Ball Mason jars on hand with 600 lids. We buy the lids in sleeves at about 240 per sleeve. This was a precious commodity to the pioneers and settlers as well as the flatlanders.

People didn't trust banks. If you go thru L.C. 's stories on Nebraska City's history you will find a story of how bags of rocks were used to trick patrons in to not having a run on the bank. In the 1880's into the 1960's in the rural areas we had butter and egg men. They came around once a week and collected the cream and eggs that the farmers would gather take them back to town and pay you up front. Not having any bank close you stashed the money in a mason jar and hid it in a post hole until you needed supplies in town. Then retrieve the jar and take what you needed to town to pay for whatever. So many of these post hole banks were forgotten about. Because of a sudden death or debilitating illness the location was lost and money was therefore never retrieve leaving many families almost destitute. K von M wrote a good article about them back in the 1970's in the National Prospectors Gazette and Treasure Hunting News. He did quite well recovering them back then in Colorado and Nebraska. I ask my mother who is 88 years old how much they got for a dozen eggs. She could remember that it was five cents per dozen. She had to help gather the eggs and my grandmother was very strict that my mother was to be very careful and not break one single egg. This was during the depression and they went to town maybe once a month. During the winter months you may only get to town once every three months if the weather was bad. You might have to eat corn bread and cracklings and drink acorn or roasted oat and barley coffee. There wasn't any Wally world, Kroger's, or Aldi's food it was what you had in your pantry and what little you bought in town. That's why mason jars were so important to the early settlers and farm people. One of the reasons Jarden Corporation is so large today the new U.S. Steel of the 21st. century.

Senior Deacon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread