I Hope She Hit A Home Run...

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because she lost this beauty on the baseline between home plate and first base! I found this last night at a local school yard with a rag-tag softball diamond out back. It rang up in the mid 70's with a solid tone on my ATPro, once again in the "one cent" range. Boy was I surprised to the the big stone gleaming in the plug.:laughing7:

It does appear to be solid gold, and has a weird little hallmark that I could use some help identifying. The hallmark looks like two figures facing each other, with one resting his arm on the other's shoulder, (weird, I know.):icon_scratch:

As for the stone, it has smoky inclusions, as seen in the photos, leading me to believe it is a diamond this time and not a CZ!:headbang:

It has some weight to it, weighing in at 5.1 grams. I will definitely have it checked by a local jeweler for verification of it's metal and stone.

I also found two kiddie rings, making the month's ring count 21 now and climbing. Thanks for looking, happy hunting and DIG THOSE PENNIES! Sub 8-)

Attachments

• bigdiamond1.JPG
    bigdiamond1.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 162
  • bigdiamond2.JPG
    bigdiamond2.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 171
  • bigdiamond3.JPG
    bigdiamond3.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 165
  • bigdiamond4.JPG
    bigdiamond4.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 161
  • bigdiamond5.JPG
    bigdiamond5.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 176
  • bigdiamond6.JPG
    bigdiamond6.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Upvote 10

I-DIG-IT

Silver Member
Mar 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs. I don't think it is, But I well hope for you.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to say from a picture. THe mount looks pretty porous and crude for a stone that size but I know amateur ring makers that make the settings for their wives. They look like absolute junk and they are hold VVS Stones.
One never knows! GL GL!!
PS This would be driving me crazy. I have to know immediately when I find something. I bought a Platinum, silver, gold all karats, acid test kit, a diamond tester and a gram scale as a package on ebay for 40 bucks. its a life saver. I use it all the time.

Cheers

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is certainly a looker! Congrats! If you have a tester kit check it out. Hope it's the real deal on the diamond! :icon_thumright:

Your way ahead of me on the ring count! I do dig those pennies signals....they usually turn out to be zincs! :dontknow:

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to say from a picture. THe mount looks pretty porous and crude for a stone that size but I know amateur ring makers that make the settings for their wives. They look like absolute junk and they are hold VVS Stones.
One never knows! GL GL!!
PS This would be driving me crazy. I have to know immediately when I find something. I bought a Platinum, silver, gold all karats, acid test kit, a diamond tester and a gram scale as a package on ebay for 40 bucks. its a life saver. I use it all the time.

Cheers
trdking,
Thanks and I hear you! I think the Mrs. has the stone test/acid test kit in the works for Father's Day. So, I will have to wait until then. But we do have a go-to jeweler nearby and I will take this one and others in for verification. If this one is plated, then what the heck, it is still a looker! For whatever reason, I find nice rings between home plate and first base or the pitcher's mound more than any other place on the old softball fields. Sub 8-)

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Even if it isn't gold alloy, it is a fun find and much better than the average kiddie ring find, reminds me of my Gold electroplated silver ring find, with that much size I would expect more weight if gold alloy unless the ring frame was mostly hollow. Still I might be wrong, wouldn't be the first time , would be happy for you if I was :happy1:

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That size stone and setting makes me think it's white topaz -

Nice find!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Nice find!

That would be cool and very possible on a gold electroplated silver ring , we get our minds locked on the CZ thing sometimes. We get so many of them :BangHead:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds Sub. I hope that the ring is the real deal! Good show my man.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
trdking,
Thanks and I hear you! I think the Mrs. has the stone test/acid test kit in the works for Father's Day. So, I will have to wait until then. But we do have a go-to jeweler nearby and I will take this one and others in for verification. If this one is plated, then what the heck, it is still a looker! For whatever reason, I find nice rings between home plate and first base or the pitcher's mound more than any other place on the old softball fields. Sub 8-)

HEY BATTER BATTER SWIIIING and a MISS (ing ring) :)

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice find!

30 years ago (Gahds 30 years) A lady brought me a pendant that a "jeweler" told her was yellow Topaz. She bought a basket of yarn at a yard sale and was knitting a yellow ball of yarn and the pendant was inside. She told me the story and I asked her to bring it in. She did. It was a Cartier 6.4 Carat Z flawless Diamond in a Platinum setting. I brokered it for her 30 years ago for 58,000 $$$ Moral is You never know what will come up! And you never know what Bozo will give you bad info or try to rob it from you. I think the "jeweler" offered her $200 bucks for the stone. A gold acid kit and a Diamond tester (they do work) Is cheap insurance for our finds.

Hoping you have a winner!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Tell you have been on the roll on those rings, I hope is the real deal..Good Luck!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sub, that is quite the looker. I sure hope it is the real deal. I bought a test kit and haven't found a ring since, lol!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man, that's a pretty ring!, a lot of nice rings popping up on Tnet lately!

great hunt!

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions