I Hunt The Sullivan Trail in N.Y. State

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Can you imagine, these thousands of people (Indians) way of life for hundred's of years coming to an end ?
and what they and 600 British Solders, threw away,lost ,buried fleeing form the force of 5000 Continental Solders ?
Its a very long field trip and the Army lost many things along the way and in battle.
The Indians down state were plundering good stuff from the Colonialist and paying for the food they were getting from the vast Indian Fields of Beans ,Corn,Squash,Apples,Pears.around here .
It`s a good read and better search!
Gary
The 1779 Sullivan Campaign

Last edited:
Upvote 0

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoping we can get together this spring and hunt some of this trail. How you liking these temps?

OP
OP
G.A.P.metal

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
choppadude
I`m still hunting the temp dose not bother me to much i just dress warn.
Yes i hope we can get together and hunt anytime you can make it ,i`m ready.
Gary

JOHUNT

Sep 24, 2009
Southern tier of New York
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thus far, I've mostly been hunting the Clinton leg of the expedition. The town where I live is called Union, named for the spot where Gen. Sullivan sent a detachment under Gen. Poor up the Susquehanna to meet up with Clinton's brigade. Sullivan feared Clinton was going to be ambushed.
Choppadude- any chance you work at Wilsons Rental? I was just there the other day. Nice terrain out your way

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JOHUNT no I work for Corning Inc. And yes it is nice terrain, when it thaws LOL!

MarkDz

Oct 1, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver UMax
Have you guys made any finds in Sullivan camps (or other related camps)? I'd be interested to hear about your results. I've detected the areas near two Sullivan camps in PA and didn't find anything that could be clearly traced to the expeditions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread