I just enlisted

nick.foltz

Dec 24, 2009
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Tesoro Cibola
I recently in listed in the United States Army. I'm leaving January 17 to Ft. Benning for 11x OSUT. Sadly I'm leaving two kids and my wife behind to serve my country, but they could not be any more proud. For some reason my parents are 100% against the thought of my leaving, but I guess it is not for everyone. If anyone has any stories about going through basic please share!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nick, My hat comes off to you. Your family is proud, your nation is proud, and most of those reading your post are proud. I enlisted in '67, when much of the nation was not so proud. So be it. Allow me to be the FIRST to post a big THANK YOU for your service and sacrifice! One nation under God. TTC

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
nick.foltz said:
I recently in listed in the United States Army. I'm leaving January 17 to Ft. Benning for 11x OSUT. Sadly I'm leaving two kids and my wife behind to serve my country, but they could not be any more proud. For some reason my parents are 100% against the thought of my leaving, but I guess it is not for everyone. If anyone has any stories about going through basic please share!

Pay attention and do exactly as you are told and you will get along fine-and-dandy! Don't be "that guy"- the crap magnet, the sh!tbird, the eff-up. Take care of yourself #1, but don't fail to help your fellow trainee.

Thank you for your future service to this country!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:occasion14: :icon_salut: :icon_salut: :icon_salut: .
If you get a chance to get overseas ,Germany is fantastic. Lots of stuff for the family also.
Remember once boot camp is over life gets a lot better.

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Arizona Bob said:
nick.foltz said:

Pay attention and do exactly as you are told and you will get along fine-and-dandy! Don't be "that guy"- the crap magnet, the sh!tbird, the eff-up. Take care of yourself #1, but don't fail to help your fellow trainee.

Thank you for your future service to this country!
Couldnt have said it better myself.

Just do what youre told, when youre told, and how youre told.

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
One thing to keep in mind is that any Basic Training is a mind game, the quicker you learn the commands, how to act as a team, do what you are told, how you are told, when you are told, the sooner it gets easier.

You have decided to enter into a time honored profession of arms, you will feel a sense of camaraderie and honor that only those who have served know. Good luck, and keep your head up.

Mike
USAF Retired

OP
OP
nick.foltz

nick.foltz

Dec 24, 2009
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Tesoro Cibola
Thank you TerryC for the reply, and to all of you that commented. In the state of Indiana it is mandatory to go to Future Soldier Training which is fine because it gives you a instant promotion plus more experience. We have to PT, hear the do's and don't's for basic, learn how to motivate :icon_thumright:, and we do some extra activities at Camp Atterbury. A few weeks ago they reserved the Map Nav range, and we spent all day marking grid points and walking around. Soon we are going to do the confidence obstacle course there. Again thank you all for your comments.

old marine

May 10, 2011
southern ky
Detector(s) used
fisher f 5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you for your protection of our country we need more like you thanks again Old Marine 1965-- 1969

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
work together as a team and you all will do fine and remember sports it will save u on the range

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread