Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Local GW was putting out Jars and big bags of Jewelry. Range from $30 up to $250. I was real nice and said to the lady. I hear all these rumours that GW picks out all the Gold, Silver and expensive stuff? She yes that does happen. Here in this store we do a quick scan and use magnets, visual, anything that looks questionable gets looked a closer but not a lot of time is spent since they get so much. Nice lady thanked her for her time.

While my Brother was looking thru what they had not bagged up yet which is a no no but same nice lady. I was looking at military items and found 3 Sterling pins. Brother found a couple of silver items. One was a ladies ring with Diamonds and 925. Once we were in the parking lot examining the ring some guy asked did you find something good.???? Brother showed him the ring and he showed his wife. Brother says he will sell it for $20. Done. Fast sell in history he made $17 profit in the time it took to walk from the store to the car.

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds.

My fastest resale was when someone saw a small modern Chinese vase in my cart and offered me $5 for it before I even paid for it.

NWpickin

Aug 27, 2014
Seattle, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My fastest resell was for an Xbox one remote controller.... I had one that I sold the day before very quickly.... just hit "sell similar" on the eBay mobile app and used the same pictures and description... I ended up selling it 20mins later (before I even left) for 10x what I paid.... Pretty cool!

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They 'check' in my neck of the woods too. Some better than others. Stuff always slips through the cracks though. High employee turn-over, even in the mgmt positions, and a general lack of caring really helps... haha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread