Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out for a short hunt at a local beach this morning with the GB pro and honestly I had to laugh when I dug this from the wet sand. I told my wife that it would be easy to make one. Well I guess someone did. Lots of fishing going on close by and I think someone made it while he was making sinkers. Who ever did it he did a good job because it looks just like the one they found on Oak island. IMG_0844.JPG

Upvote 42
see if it is lead covering gold! :laughing7:

Someone call the fat crazy researcher lady from oak island !
Hawk it is a cool find ...but strange !

Last edited:
The Lagina's will be there asap!

Cool recovery Hawk, wonder what age it has to it?

The definitely paddled up the falls, of course on the Canadian side.

Cool find.Congrats :thumbsup:

Nice Find! Don't tamper with it, because it could be worth a lot of money to a collector if it's genuine. You just never know!

tabman

thats just to funny and cool.call the discovery channel asap.
brad

Sweet find. Drop it on the beach at Oak Island . . .

All the best,

Lanny

Its a nice find if its a reproduction, and its a great find if its real. Maybe someone was tampering with the Templar's - and maybe they weren't !

Just to let everyone know that this cross was found on a Lake Ontario beach. Now I think it’s fake but not positive. Oak island is near the mouth of the st. Lawerence river which ends up in Lake Ontario so there was no paddling up the falls lol. I’m just saying. I think it’s funny! But I’ll never know for sure.

Lake Ontario is full of shipping wrecks, some were recently discovered not far off the south shore of the lake and date from the War of 1812. They were highlighted in a National Geographic magazine and TV special about 10 or 15 years ago. So who knows what else is lying at the bottom of the lake and from what time period. You just never know what you may find.

Could be old.Dosent make sense for a square hole to be in a fishing sinker. Also that design would act more like an anchor, than a sinker.And would snag on Every rock & weed w/in miles.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back