Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is no bull. My neighbors see me with my metal detector in the yard and start asking questions about treasure hunting. I humor them and were doing the smalltalk thing. All of a sudden one of them says "you know I just got to be friends with someone you might want to meet, his name is martin meylach, have you ever herd of him". I say diving to a flash of gold, he says ya thats the guy. I tell him what a legend he is and how his book changed my life (and it did) and how much I admired him. He goes on to tell me how they met and became friends and before I know it hes calling him. He says hey martin ive got someone down here in the keys you need to meet his name is bart and he's a treasure hunter they call him black bart and your book changed his life ya want to meet him. Next thing you know im on the phone introducing myself and talking to martin meylach. Eventually I tell him about the 1733 pillar dollar martin says I sure would like to come down there and see that coin. I say come on lunch is on me. He says that sounds great well get together next week and talk treasure over lunch. So im having lunch with the god father of treasure next week. I will definitely post the pics. Not to mention autograph the book.this is like babe ruth saying lets hang out and talk baseball ill give you some batting tips. Dude I cant believe this. hes 86 and sharp as a tack. This guy was showing mel fisher where the wrecks were. Its like mick jagger saying lets hang out ill show you some moves for the concert. If you havnt read the book get it. I cant f-----g believe this just happend. I get to meet a living treasure legend. I get to ask questions that no one else could answer but him. I will take a pic of him holding the pillar dollar. Im in shock right now im going to stop babbling.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Too bad you're not excited about this. Remember at lunch to breathe and try not to choke to death. Looking forward to your pics...

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am so excited for you! Soak it in. :notworthy: :skullflag:

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. It really will be a big moment for me to meet and talk with this living legend. His book diving to a flash of gold inspired me quite a bit since a lot of it takes place in my backyard. Not to mention all the other projects hes been involved in. He found a lot of treasure and helped a lot of others find treasure. I cant wait. !!!

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe he will tell you where some still hidden treasure is that he was saving for another day........

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anyone knew where there could be some it would be him. Chuck mitchell another legend gave me some advice and tips and it led to my first good spanish treasure finds. !!!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I been in this hobby since 1975 - never heard of him
met Mel Fisher a few times - last time was right before he died
he had 5 cigarettes burning at once in ash tray
asked me if I wanted to go out and hunt but my plane was leaving in 2 hrs

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He was an early pioneer in the treasure hunting world. He wrote a book called " diving to a flash of gold" it truly is a must read check it out. He helped fisher find some of 1733 wrecks before the atocha. I bought a cool treasue book from a garage sale for a couple bucks it has mels autograph in it!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread