Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started out metal detecting triyng to get high coin count, but since I was shown a old site, I have been just looking for silver and wheats. So today was an exception, I stopped off at a elementary school after work & swept the wood chips & found $1.43 which put me over the $40 mark!!!

My coin count is shown below if anybody is interested...

Thanks for looking.

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab GO-FIND 60 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey fiend,

nice count :wink:

keep up the hunt :wink:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
I remember almost 20 years ago there was a news article about some old timer that claimed he made $50k a year just clad hunting from Milwaukee to Racine.

So I tried to see if it was possible. I adjusted my work shift, went and hit EVERY No. Il. carnival/festival that I could on Monday morns, when they would be cleaning up and moving on. Hit EVERY playground/totlot/school playground, solely focusing on the high return within a given distance of my home. Didn't spend any clad that I found until the end of the year when all the old stuff and new stuff was separated, cleaned and sorted. Gave each of the kids (2) a tall kitchen garbage can full of change for Christmas, about $1k each. Kept a couple hundred for myself and the wifey to eat more mac and cheese with. Didn't get anywhere near that $50k number and burned a lot of gas in the process, but hey clad still works for me!

Just wait 'til those beaches get some change loaded up and I'll chase those beach sweepers with ya!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread