I just retired today

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your emancipation from the work force!!! 50 years, wow... I have to work another 13 years to match you. that'd put me at 68. It may take some getting used to since everyday will be a Saturday... Relax... and plan the things you want to do.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
60 days left till 1st SS check and start of new chapter in life..

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Started working in 1957, I will be 66 on Christmas and plan to work until the day I die. I love what I do and it is very rewarding in the feedback from my customers. Social security has been good for me as I can now afford to fix my home, new bathroom this week. Hope all that have retired enjoy their life, for me life goes on as it always has only better.....Joe McDonough

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big congrats Deep! Lotsa time for projecting now!

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thinking of you, a little joke came to mind, a Jaybird friend told me once.

The old man had retired, and sitting around at the table one evening, the Mrs asked him, what would he be doing the next day.
Which he replied, "nothing". She said to him, that he had done nothing, all day that day, as well. Which his reply to her was,
"yeah, but I didn't get finished with it, today, so I'll just have to start it all over again, tomorrow".

:laughing7:

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
This past week was my "do nothing" week, but as above - I didn't get it all done :) Thus, I must try again!

What got me this week was that everybody wanted me, and therefore I bounced from place to place.

BUT :) I did get permission to hit the yards at two old homeplaces!

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Odd I didn't see this till now, sorry for the delay Roger!
I sincerely hope your new found free(er) time is well enjoyed. I don't know you personally, though I wish I did. you're a great man and a true patriot, and I hope you have many great years going forward to enjoy this thing we call life.
Keep on keeping on!

Mike

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck to you! I'm 4 year away from retirement myself, unless I decide to go for late retirement. I've been told it is better to retire while you can physically still enjoy than wait and retire and not be able to enjoy the time.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Good luck to you! I'm 4 year away from retirement myself, unless I decide to go for late retirement. I've been told it is better to retire while you can physically still enjoy than wait and retire and not be able to enjoy the time.

VERY TRUE! OLDER brother took EARLY retirement & is "traveling" with his wife; I have been retired on Disability for over 20 years... BORING! RATHER be employed; ENJOY it while you can... :tongue3:

Last edited:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Well.....how are things with the no worky no more?:laughing7:

I find it very....ummm.......very NICEY NICEY.:laughing7: So does the Wife when I clean.:tongue3:

GOD Bless Roger

Chris

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too have become much more relaxed and see the world through somewhat different eyes now....same old crap happening, but getting to the point of not really caring anymore!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
36 days till 1st SS check....[emoji12]

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Right now it's kind of hectic. Everyone wants me and there's far to much to do on my farm. Like that 11 entry hole yellow jacket nest I burned last night. Gotta be very old. Looking at it this morning there's hundreds of yellow jackets flying around above it like lost sheep. Clearly I did not get it all :(

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What will you do with all your free time?:laughing7:
I'm going to quit my current job, find a job with a lot less stress and one I enjoy going to instead of one I hate going to and one that will allow me the time off when needed to enjoy my hobby....

SS and my pensions will allow me to be a lot more flexible in my job choices...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right now it's kind of hectic. Everyone wants me and there's far to much to do on my farm. Like that 11 entry hole yellow jacket nest I burned last night. Gotta be very old. Looking at it this morning there's hundreds of yellow jackets flying around above it like lost sheep. Clearly I did not get it all :(
Deepseeker, set out a large pan of water with sugar in it, it will attract them and they will drown, might not get all of them but you will get a lot of them.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
You can also pour kerosene into their hole; DO NOT light it! Put BIG flat rock over the hole... worked for me, years ago...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread