I just sat there for ten minutes and stared...

TheElementOfSand

Jul 19, 2012
Fort Wayne
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT E-series, Whites Beachhunter, Garrett Ace350, Garret 76'-77'Fortune Hunter, Cen-tech Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out to the park for about an hour yesterday and was not having very good luck. Then I pulled out 2 pennies both clad. Then I had another signal. It was jumping all over the meter so I figured what the hell ill dig. Got down about 8-9 inch's and look at this clod about the size of a half dollar and I'm like great another pop top or some other piece of corroded garbage. I flip it over and I'm like what the heck wait... that's an Indian! I just sat down in the grass and stared at it for like 10 minutes. I was so eager to get it home to clean it up I was only at the park maybe another 10 minutes after a scan of the surrounding area of the hole. I got it home and threw it in a cup of baking soda and hot water and let it sit for about 6 hours and took it out and cleaned it up with a soft toothbrush under running water. Then dried it overnight. And today I oiled it up to preserve the metal and bring out its details. I posted it on the local treasure hunting groups Facebook page and they are on the hunt to figure out what the rest of this badge looks like. So here it is my first badge.
PICT0071.JPG badge.JPG indian badge1.JPG

Upvote 0

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, find. Ya know it's always a suprise when ya go metal detecting!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread