I keep finding 50 cal bullets. Are these things everywhere?

onemanwolfpack

Aug 5, 2011
Fort Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to St Augustine last week for a camping vacation and had time to do some metal detecting, I didn't find a whole lot but I did find my third 50 cal bullet in the last three months. So far I have found one at a farmers market, one under a park bench over looking a nearby river, and now this one on the beach. Does anyone else find this size bullet in odd places or am I just having a strange run on these things? I can only assume people are carrying them around and they are falling out of their pockets but I'm not sure.

HH
??? ???
OMWP

Attachments

• saint augustine finds (Copy).jpg
    saint augustine finds (Copy).jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 1,867
  • saint augustine bullet (Copy).jpg
    saint augustine bullet (Copy).jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 2,060
  • saint augustine silver earing (Copy).jpg
    saint augustine silver earing (Copy).jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,755
  • three bullets (Copy).jpg
    three bullets (Copy).jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 3,939
Upvote 0

Sonnydigs

Jan 5, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like Obsidian, prized by native Americans for the production of arrow and dart points..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsidian

treasure513 said:
Hello...
I recently went to Fort Myers beach and found these bullets. I don't know what cal. they are but wanted to reply to your post. Can you tell me what cal. they are by the picture? From what I gather, they are from WWII? Just before I went to Fort Myers, they had dredged the beach and pumped sand from the ocean about a mile out to replace it. I was told they replaced the sand a foot deep. I found the majority of these about 4" down. Other hunters on the beach were finding them too.
Also while walking the beach I had found some type of rock that had washed up. I'm wondering if anyone could tell me what it is by the picture. It looks almost like black onyx.
Thanks and happy hunting !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread