Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew I'd get a War Nickel!

I went for a two hour lake hunt at treasure island. When I got there with the boat I ordered my new CTX 3030 over the cell phone that I will pick up tomorrow! WOO HOO! I jumped in the water after a quick scan for that darn water snake. I went over the area where I have been pulling all my good finds, at one point I thought the snake was rubbing against my leg and I yelled like a man (loud low bass yell) and jumped a country mile. Haaaaaa, good thing I didn't have a heart attack. Not much action on the lake this time of year. I was happy with a couple wheats and a 1945 War Nickel so I pulled the anchor and headed home for lunch and youtube videos of how to use my new machine!

Enjoy the pix
HH & GL
Brad

Update, --- I cleaned the War Nickel.
Here is a link to it, I always like reading about the coins. http://www.ngccoin.com/NGCCoinExplorer/CoinDetail.aspx?CoinID=14025

Attachments

• IMG_20140911_124746 (1).jpg
    IMG_20140911_124746 (1).jpg
    317.6 KB · Views: 124
  • SAM_0840.JPG
    SAM_0840.JPG
    541.1 KB · Views: 130
  • SAM_0841.JPG
    SAM_0841.JPG
    547.6 KB · Views: 122
  • SAM_0846.JPG
    SAM_0846.JPG
    324.8 KB · Views: 100
  • SAM_0847.JPG
    SAM_0847.JPG
    316.9 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Upvote 16

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have fun with that ctx, geez u and george are gonna scoff up all the finds down ur way!!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
so it was a "man" yell was it? bet it was a good thing you were in the water! LOL jealous over the new CTX, heck I am jealous period!

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, yeah Chris I'm excited as he**, I have a few places I want to retry.
I'm spending money I don't even have yet!

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your gonna like the CTX. I don't regret buying it a second. Learning the machine has helped me all around using other detectors.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice going, Treb. I STILL haven't found a war nickel. I found a 1940 Jeff today.....so close.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better man than I. If I knew there was a possibility of a snake nearby, I wouldn't have got in at all! LOL

Hope the CTX does what you're hoping.

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your gonna like the CTX. I don't regret buying it a second. Learning the machine has helped me all around using other detectors.
You were an inspiration along with seeing how George's worked first hand. Nothing like being able to help one another out while detecting by doing live comparisons. I now know that you really do get what you pay for.

Better man than I. If I knew there was a possibility of a snake nearby, I wouldn't have got in at all! LOL

Hope the CTX does what you're hoping.
Snakes, turtles, sharks, normally all want to get away from a person, water snakes are kind of known for being aggressive. Iv'e kind of grown up somewhat like the "Turtleman" been the outdoorsy type manly man from a young age. I like to kill animals and eat them. Thing is, the older you get the scarier you get (at least with me) I just figured he would see me and high tail it. As far as the CTX, It may or may not find me more stuff, just like you always say, "it has to be under the coil". Only thing about that is which coil its under. It really does make a difference, especially if it is deep or deep and mixed in with iron.

Nice going, Treb. I STILL haven't found a war nickel. I found a 1940 Jeff today.....so close.
That sounds like a likely spot to find a war Nickel. I have a special drawer for nickels as old as the one you found. I still haven't found allot of things, I look forward to hunting in the future, I have a few repeats (King Georges, Chris) but I do find allot of different things along the journey.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snakes, turtles, sharks, normally all want to get away from a person, water snakes are kind of known for being aggressive. Iv'e kind of grown up somewhat like the "Turtleman" been the outdoorsy type manly man from a young age. I like to kill animals and eat them. Thing is, the older you get the scarier you get (at least with me) I just figured he would see me and high tail it. As far as the CTX, It may or may not find me more stuff, just like you always say, "it has to be under the coil". Only thing about that is which coil its under. It really does make a difference, especially if it is deep or deep and mixed in with iron.

I completely understand that there are more tools than just one. I chose the ATP because it does what "I" need it to do. I needed something that was very versatile, deep enough and able to go just about anywhere. There are many machines out there that will go deeper, be more selective, programmable and better suited to finding certain metals.

I'm just wishing you good fortune on whatever it is you hope to get from another machine. (I wonder, do they sell a golf bag to hold one's detectors in the field? That hill? ATP, that lake? the White's, that deep old farmfield? The GTX of course! with a slight break to the right. :) )

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I completely understand that there are more tools than just one. I chose the ATP because it does what "I" need it to do. I needed something that was very versatile, deep enough and able to go just about anywhere. There are many machines out there that will go deeper, be more selective, programmable and better suited to finding certain metals.

I'm just wishing you good fortune on whatever it is you hope to get from another machine. (I wonder, do they sell a golf bag to hold one's detectors in the field? That hill? ATP, that lake? the White's, that deep old farmfield? The GTX of course! with a slight break to the right. :) )
Whoops, I guess I forgot to say Thank you for your well wishing. Thank's!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's only money bro! If it makes you happy it's worth every damn cent. That's how I live my life man. If I want it and it doesn't put me in a bad spot I buy it. I hope you kill it with that machine. Oh yeah I heard that manly scream all the way here in a Maine. Funny it sounded like a high pitched girly shriek by the time it reached my ears lol. Oh btw did you see my post to you on Ms Beeps post the other day? You may wanna go back and have a look lol

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Treb.... Its been nice knowing you!!
Sorry to say but ur not allowed to detect with me anymore. ..Or at least my spots..
You know why?? Well ill tell ya..
You have a chance now to find what I find..I really enjoyed hunting with you when you had the pro..Guess im going to have to hunt with WHADIFIND now!!!!
Lol.....
George

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really enjoyed hunting with you when you had the pro..Guess im going to have to hunt with WHADIFIND now!!!!
Lol.....
George

I wonder, George? Have you been around long enough to know to be careful what you wish for? ;)

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Treb.... Its been nice knowing you!! Sorry to say but ur not allowed to detect with me anymore. ..Or at least my spots.. You know why?? Well ill tell ya.. You have a chance now to find what I find..I really enjoyed hunting with you when you had the pro..Guess im going to have to hunt with WHADIFIND now!!!! Lol..... George
Now that is funny! Our lil boy really is growing up isn't he? He will be driving before you know it. Can't believe he's gonna quit playing with his toys lol

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder, George? Have you been around long enough to know to be careful what you wish for? ;)

Lol...nope..Im still wet behind the ears..
You know the story about the grandfather bull and the grandson bull right??
Im sure you kick my but...

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's only money bro! If it makes you happy it's worth every damn cent. That's how I live my life man. If I want it and it doesn't put me in a bad spot I buy it. I hope you kill it with that machine. Oh yeah I heard that manly scream all the way here in a Maine. Funny it sounded like a high pitched girly shriek by the time it reached my ears lol. Oh btw did you see my post to you on Ms Beeps post the other day? You may wanna go back and have a look lol
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, remember the bluegill under the pier, LOL!

Well Treb.... Its been nice knowing you!!
Sorry to say but ur not allowed to detect with me anymore. ..Or at least my spots..
You know why?? Well ill tell ya..
You have a chance now to find what I find..I really enjoyed hunting with you when you had the pro..Guess im going to have to hunt with WHADIFIND now!!!!
Lol.....
George
I'll see you tomorrow bro, next week we hit that water spot before it gets too cold, You stay ankle deep, I'll go in up to my neck and scare all the snakes, snakehead fish and snappers away to protect you Dad.

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is funny! Our lil boy really is growing up isn't he? He will be driving before you know it. Can't believe he's gonna quit playing with his toys lol

I even heard he was back behind the barn kissing a GIRL.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread